OverviewCathedral Mountain Lodge Chef Tournant Contract in Field, BC
Cathedral Mountain Lodge
Branch Field BC CA
FOODSAFE certificate, with basic food handling and preparation knowledge,. Our team is passionate about guest service and the great outdoors….
We are hiring for our 2015 summer season!
Moraine Lake Lodge offers an unforgettable work experience in one of the most spectacular and iconic locations in the Canadian Rockies. Our team is passionate about guest service and the great outdoors. We work closely together to ensure a ‘WOW’ experience to our guests and team! Moraine Lake Lodge offers a unique opportunity to live, work, and explore in Canada’s Rocky Mountains and National Parks.
Moraine Lake is a glacier-fed lake in Banff National Park, 15 minutes from the Village of Lake Louise. It is situated in the Valley of the Ten Peaks, at an elevation of approximately 6,183 feet (1,885 m). Moraine Lake is visited each summer by over approximately 450,000 people!
Job Posting: Chef Tournant
As a part of the Moraine Lake Lodge culinary team you are responsible for food preparation and delivery in the Walter Wilcox Dining Room, Snowshoe Café and team member meals. Main duties include: preparing, cooking and presenting meals, clear understanding (prepare all menu items, as well as, station prep and service) of all kitchen stations, such as grill, sauté, cold appetizer or fry. A commitment to maintaining a positive team oriented work environment and strong working relationship with the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef, are critical to this role.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Min. 2 yrs. of culinary experience with knowledge of contemporary cooking styles and presentations,
- FOODSAFE certificate, with basic food handling and preparation knowledge,
- Must be 100% guest service focused, with a positive & upbeat personality,
- First Aid and CPR certified, an asset,
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. and safely operate kitchen equipment,
- Must be available from May 24, 2015 –October 4, 2015 (dates TBC),
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada prior to offer of employment.
- Fulltime, working up to 40 hrs. a week,
- Hourly wage with an end of contract bonus,
- Staff accommodation onsite, $14.00/day, includes all meals and laundry
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Field, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23