OverviewCastlegar Sculpturewalk Society Executive Assistant Part Time in Castlegar, BC
Castlegar Sculpturewalk Society
Branch Castlegar BC CA
A strong interest in the arts. As soon as possible (October 3rd at the latest)….
Organization: Castlegar Sculpturewalk
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Start Date: as soon as possible (October 3rd at the latest)
End Date: at the end of the student’s study term (April, May or June)
Wage: $ 11.00
Hours: 15 hours/week while the student is in session. On school breaks these hours may increase.
Location: Castlegar (Castlegar Sculpturewalk office & offsite)
Application Deadline: September 21st @ 5pm PSTDuties Include:
- assisting with event production/management
- managing the Social Media program
- updating the organization’s website
- fielding general inquiries
- working directly with Sculpturewalk artists
- assisting the Executive Director with responsibilities as they arise
- performing general office functions such filing and document preparation
- representing Castlegar Sculpturewalk at community festivals and events
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- A strong interest in the arts
- Excellent Social Media skills/experience (Facebook/Pinterest/Instagram/Twitter)
- Must be proficient with WordPress and website creation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Previous experience in event planning is an asset
- Confident and skilled at working with the public
- Can provide their own laptop
This position is funded by the Columbia Basin Trust’s School Works Program, administered by the College of the Rockies. Applicants:
- Must be enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies in the Columbia Basin.
Note: a student who registers for at least 60% of a regular full time program of work each semester is classified as a full time student. A full program load in the Academic/Technical and ABE Provincial level programs is defined as follows: University Studies (15 credits); ABE – 15 hours; Business Administration (18 credits); Recreation Management (15 credits); Nursing (19 credits).
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must live in the Columbia Basin.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Castlegar, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20