OverviewCASA Services Event Planner 15-058 Temporary in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Event Planner 15-058
Is responsible for planning, coordinating and facilitating fund raising events. Closes out the event by ensuring funds are received, invoices are paid….
Reporting to the Executive Director, CASA Foundation, and working collaboratively with other team members, the incumbent is responsible for planning, coordinating and facilitating fund raising events to support a higher profile of CASA in the Edmonton Region and Province.
The Event Planner will work collaboratively with staff members of CASA, the CASA Foundation and planning committees to ensure success in the following areas:
- Coordinates guests lists, menu planning, food service arrangements, décor and table set up
- Facilitates the event including arranging the food and beverages, ordering supplies and audiovisual equipment, ordering event signs, and ensuring décor is appropriate.
- Creates and revises room layouts.
- Is mindful of the successful previous events and the areas that were identified to be strengthened.
- Proposes new ideas to improve the functioning of the event.
- Serves as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Responds to enquiries from the public about the event including assisting with media requests.
- Manages the on-site production and clean up as necessary.
- Confirms registration and table seating to ensure positive outcomes.
- Closes out the event by ensuring funds are received, invoices are paid and committee members participate in a debriefing process.
- Creates, prepares and distributes meeting minutes and supporting documents.
- Contributes to the meeting agendas
- Responsible for communication and marketing in support of the event
- Ensures Coordinates guests lists, menu planning, food service arrangements, décor and table set up
- distribution of print materials for event donor/sponsor/and participant’s solicitations.
- Facilitates volunteer recruitment for the event.
- Ensures the volunteers receive appropriate and adequate direction.
- Ensures appropriate recognition for the volunteers.
- Completion of related training.
- Administrative support experience required.
- Previous experience working in a not for profit or fundraising environment an asset.
- Professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience working in a Windows environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Temporary employees are eligible for an additional 6% pay in lieu of vacation and an additional 5% pay in lieu of statutory holidays.
Submit your Resume:
Human Resources CASA
#406 10011 – 109 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3S8
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23