OverviewCarmanah Technologies Corp. Product Designer, Mechanical – 4 Month Term Temporary in Victoria, BC
Carmanah Technologies Corp.
Branch Victoria BC CA
Product Designer, Mechanical – 4 Month Term
University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience. Carmanah is looking to hire a Mechanical Product Designer for a 4 -Month Term….
Carmanah is looking to hire a Mechanical Product Designer for a 4 -Month Term.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Product Designer, Mechanical will be responsible for providing design level Mechanical input and execution for product development and improvement activities. Within this role, your responsibilities include inputs to project time and cost scoping, key aspects of design creation, validation and qualification, and allowing the successful migration of product from design through final pilot and transfer to manufacturing.
General Description and Responsibilities
- Mechanical specification input to allow products to meet performance and reliability expectations of the internal and external customers.
- Mechanical design, prototyping (alpha and beta level) and validation within the guidelines of the Development process.
- Final Product and sub-component level qualification testing and boundary analysis.
- Troubleshooting and fault analysis and technical support during design.
- Product development process ownership including documentation, preparation for development gates.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years mechanical design experience.
- Experience solving heat transfer problems using finite element analysis an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in diverse manufacturing processes.
- SolidWorks experience an asset.
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills in English.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Working with US Government protocols for file management and reporting.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17