OverviewCarmanah Technologies Corp. Product Designer, Electronics – 16 Month Term Temporary in Victoria, BC
Carmanah Technologies Corp.
Branch Victoria BC CA
Product Designer, Electronics – 16 Month Term
University degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. Carmanah is looking to hire an Product Designer specializing in Electronics for a project…
Carmanah is looking to hire an Product Designer specializing in Electronics for a project term of 16- Months.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Product Designer, Electronics is responsible for providing design level electrical hardware input and execution for product development and improvement activities. Within this role, your primary activities include input to project time and cost scoping and key aspects of design creation, validation and qualification to allow the successful migration of product design through to final pilot and transfer to manufacturing.
General Description and Responsibilities
- Electrical hardware specification for design to meet performance and reliability expectations of the product and customer.
- Electrical hardware prototyping and validation.
- Work closely with the Firmware Designer to help specify microcontroller pin-out and other design details to aid in Firmware development.
- Final product and hardware qualification testing.
- Troubleshooting, fault analysis and technical support for new designs.
- Write product and electrical design documentation.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of product configuration and bill-of-materials data.
- Suggest/implement electrical hardware improvements to increase testability and reliability and decrease time to market.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ year’s electrical HW design experience.
- RF design experience an asset.
- Altium Designer experience an asset.
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills in English.
- Experience working with firmware contractors an asset.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Working with US Government protocols for file management and reporting.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17