OverviewCarillion Bid Director – Facilities Management (Vancouver) Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Bid Director – Facilities Management (Vancouver)
Ensure a Business Continuity Plan is in place and it is managed. Proactively participating in design meetings with Designers, Builders, and Architects to ensure…
Reporting to the Vice President Government Outsourcing, the FM Bid Director will have the initial mandate to manage and oversee a major PPP healthcare project. Management of day-to-day aspects of the FM Services portion of the project pursuit, including compliance with documentation, project reporting, development of project work winning strategy, and, comprehensive logistical planning are key requirements. Proactively participating in design meetings with Designers, Builders, and Architects to ensure objectives are met in a way which provides the best overall value in long-term maintenance, lifecycle and energy management.
You will work closely with other key members of the bid team to ensure opium bid solutions, and contract delivery models are clearly described. You will work with the senior management team and together be able to prepare and write winning bids.
The FM Bid Director will then take ownership of the operational management and delivery of all facilities management services delivered within his/her region or location(s). This includes the management of customer interface within a designated area or PPP project; ensuring a high quality day-to-day operation, and provision of a consistent, strong link with customers, guaranteeing appropriate response to address any and all client concerns.
You must have working knowledge of healthcare & infrastructure projects, including PPP / AFI projects.
A strong technical background in Engineering and/or Facilities Management is essential.
The position will likely be located in Vancouver but there is potential for the right candidate to be located in Calgary or NWT depending on bid win.
- To manage P3 RFQ / RFP response process for FM services including all Hard and Soft Maintenance Tasks which may include: Plant Maintenance, Building Automation, Help Desk Services, Waste Management and Pest Control, Grounds and Landscaping, Roads and Parking Lot Services, and various Soft FM services in accordance with the Project Agreement.
- A full understanding of the commercial implications of design, maintenance and lifecycle decisions within the P3 context.
- Take full accountability as the main point of contact for work winning FM Bid response and its content quality. This includes all service delivery solutions, labour and equipment maintenance strategies and associated task lists/work instructions.
- Develop ongoing FM opportunities driving cost efficiencies through a proactive approach, best practice and continuous improvement across all hard and soft FM service lines
- As a member of the Facilities Management Team, to be an ambassador and leader of the business.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with the client, key stakeholders and customers including monthly and quarterly performance reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring that all building and plant equipment is maintained and operated in a safe manner and in accordance with agreed SLA’s.
- Control, monitor and review contracts and supplier measurements
- Manage the site services and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Ensure a Business Continuity Plan is in place and it is managed.
- Seek opportunities to improve services and cost effective ways of working.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is established and maintained by providing a ‘quality’ and pro-active service.
- To ensure that the operational aspects are delivered in accordance with the SLA by an agreed program of qualitative checks and controlled measures and to rectify identified deviation where appropriate.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory, IMS, security and relevant company and client policies generating a true health and safety culture.
- To lead, recruit, develop and retain staff to deliver services in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To interact with all internal teams to discharge the consistent, effective and efficient delivery of planned and reactive tasks and in doing so, support best practice.
- To support customer and company audits ensuring optimum results are achieved.
- Assist in the establishment of systems of monitoring and control, designed to ensure appropriate control over all critical service points, to maximize customer satisfaction, minimize customer complaints and other adverse feedback.
- To ensure that records are held and updated as required.
- Analysis of budgetary information to assist in annual budgetary and monthly forecasting processes.
- Ensure the adoption of CMMS / CAFM processes to enable the development and deployment of maintenance work strategies within and across sub-functions.
- Responsible for ensuring statutory and legislative compliance of relevant equipment within the operation.
- Responsible to lead the cost (& investment) analysis and pricing for the delivery of the annual FM maintenance services.
- Financially aware and have understanding of cost controls with in your area of responsibility.
- Work with finance team to control invoicing and reconciliations.
- Responsible for coordinating elements of a site business plan
- Responsibility for operational budgets at site level
Requirements: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering / facilities management environment and considerable experience managing maintenance trades staff. You will be comfortable in a results driven, target based environment. Exceptional project management and operational skills, strong communication and presentation skills, good judgment, and coaching skills are sought.
Additional Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree / Professional Engineer is preferred
- Stationary Engineer’s Certificate would be beneficial.
- Financial / Investment literacy a definite asset
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a Healthcare Facility would be an asset
- Have been responsible to lead and coach in a team environment
- Understanding of public procurement and private finance project environments
How to Apply: As an employer of choice, we treat all of our employees consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions. We invite you to join us by forwarding your resume via the link below.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24