OverviewCargill Transfer Crew Full Time in Jarvis, ON
Branch Jarvis ON CA
The Transfer Crew Member position plays a key role in the Transfer Crew in addition to the Quality Control Team that helps in many important areas and aspects…
The Transfer Crew Member position plays a key role in the Transfer Crew in addition to the Quality Control Team that helps in many important areas and aspects within the Hatchery. This position requires someone who is a strong team player as the Transfer job has a large focus on teamwork.
- Will routinely pull eggs from the setters (temperature regulated environment) and put onto dollies.
- Able to read and understand information and records related to the set.
- Will perform cleaning and sanitation duties including washing of dollies and egg trays, setter clean-up and hatcher room clean-up in accordance to Hatchery specific programs, SOPs and protocols.
- Assists in the setup, operation, shutdown and sanitation of the Inovoject egg injection system.
- Monitors to ensure that the Inovoject vaccinator is functioning properly and to perform basic maintenance functions when required.
- Will prepare the cleaning and sanitizing solutions required for the Inovoject vaccinator.
- Assists in preparing the Marek’s vaccine required for the Inovoject process.
- Will pull the eggs from the dollies and load onto the Inovoject conveyor and to stack the hatcher baskets full of eggs.
- Gentle and correct handling of eggs and embryos.
- Will complete necessary paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned by the Technical Supervisor or Hatchery Manager.
Quality Control/Multi Shift
- Able to easily move and organize dollies (full and empty) while being aware and keeping track of current inventory.
- Physically capable of “rolling in the set” in the right order and within the correct time periods.
- Ability to perform quality checks on incoming eggs (domestic and import).
- Capable of monitoring individual crews when they are traying eggs – reporting issues to the Technical Supervisor.
- Capable of Setting Eggs- able to read and understand information and records related to the set.
- Able to be an adequate member of the following crews when needed: Sanitation, Chick Delivery, Transfer Crew and Production.
- Capable of doing laundry, papering boxes, fogging and cleaning setters.
- Will have to work various shifts and cover for holiday and sick leaves.
- Loading and unloading eggs and other various deliveries in compliance with Hatchery protocols and the HACCP system.
- Capable of identifying deviations and various aspects of the HACCP system related to egg quality, Transfer Crew and factors that contribute to contamination (biological and chemical).
- Ensures sanitation procedures in the Hatchery are completed in accordance with HACCP protocols and policies.
- HACCP forms and documentation is updated on a daily basis.
- Works approximately 40 hours per week with the possibility of over time.
- Various shifts per month/week.
- Varying temperatures (cool to very hot)/climatic environment.
- This position requires a significant amount of repetitive bending and lifting above the shoulders and from below the knees.
- Weights to be lifted are in excess of 22 Lbs.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Physically fit – requires a significant amount of repetitive bending and lifting above the shoulders and from below the knees.
- Able to follow Bio security protocol.
- Able to follow policies and rules and regulations (including Animal Welfare and humane handling).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Team player.
- Adaptability to different and changing scenarios.
- Knowledge of the HACCP and related responsibilities.
- Basic math skills.
- Committed, attentive, punctual and respectful.
- Exceptional and effective communication: oral.
- Accuracy and close attention to detail.
- High School diploma.
- Previous related experience.
- Well organized and able to manage the flow of the eggs room and incoming eggs.
- Willingness to work in flexible schedules.
- Basic knowledge of embryonic development and the growth of a fertile egg.
- Ability to learn new jobs, tasks and procedures.
- Easily responds to change.
- Effective time management.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation please contact [email protected]
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Jarvis
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Jarvis, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10