Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2018-03-14
Cargill Temporary Agronomy Research Intern – Aberdeen, SK Temporary in Aberdeen, SK
Branch Aberdeen SK CA
Temporary Agronomy Research Intern – Aberdeen, SK
Participate in all aspects of established safety programs. Maintain research equipment to support a high performance research program within North America….
This position is responsible for supporting canola nursery and field trial activities throughout the field season. This includes:
- Conducting research trial maintenance throughout the season.
- Equipment operation and maintenance.
- Assisting with data collection.
- Participate in all aspects of established safety programs.
- Collaborate with the research agronomist to manage research trials involving all aspects of agronomic trial management including seeding, spraying, maintenance, harvest, and data submission.
- Coordinate with the research agronomist, breeder and/or breeding associate on data collection from nursery and yield trials.
- Maintain research equipment to support a high performance research program within North America.
- Actively participate in established and reputable safety programs.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract – Upgraded license may be required depending on geography.
- Ability to travel to support Western Canada agronomic and breeding operations.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that require climbing, lifting, bending/stooping and work under environmental conditions including indoors, outdoors, and dusty environments.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate, service, and troubleshoot machinery.
- Basic computer skills.
- Safety oriented.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills – Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Agriculture related field experience.
- Knowledge of agricultural equipment and experience with operating truck and trailer combinations.
- Experience in research trial activities/processes.
- Able to work in elevated areas.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate, service, and troubleshoot heavy equipment.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.