OverviewCargill Plant Operator-Talbotville Full Time in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate, service, and troubleshoot machinery. Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain – North America (CASC NA) connects…
Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain – North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and industrial customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete in the global market and efficiently deliver products from origins to destinations through our marketing, sourcing, originating, storing, trading, consulting and processing of grain, oilseeds and crop inputs products and solutions. CASC NA business reaches across Canada, United States & Mexico with an expansive asset footprint including over 200 grain elevators, export/import facilities, oilseed crush plants, biodiesel facilities, and farm service centers.
As the Plant Operator reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for safe and efficient hands-on duties. Your duties will include; operating loading and receiving machinery, providing customer service and support, and maintaining the facility and grounds to achieve production goals.
Focus on Plant Operation and Risk management. The incumbent is focused on implementing Operational Excellence processes with Operational staff to create a safe environment and effective use of the asset to achieve production goals in the assigned area of the Plant. The Production Operator works with Production Supervisor in a variety of audits such as the location grain audit, crop inputs audit, food safety audit, environmental health & safety audits, security audits and ISO/HACCP audits. Ensures the plant and yard are clean and safe for customers and employees. Conducts regular plant inspections, assists & participates in monthly safety meetings with team to review procedures and safety awareness issues. The Production Operator assists the Production Supervisor in ensuring all aspects of Provincial/Federal regulatory and Cargill compliance programs are met.
Focus on Reliability Excellence and Capital Effectiveness. The Production Operator assists in the execution and/or operating the assigned area of the facility within the operating budget. This requires planning, organizing and a proactive approach to operate efficiently the assigned area. The Production Operator assists in directing contractors when performing works in the location ensuring they perform works within safety and quality. Equipped to ensure other plant operators use operator including seasonal care principles to operate plant equipment efficiently and effectively.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that require climbing, lifting, pushing, and pulling from heights in varying climates and environmental conditions including indoors, outdoors, and dusty environments.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer focus.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours as workloads require including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Related post-secondary education or training.
- Previous work experience within a manufacturing or a plant setting.
- Experience managing compliance with Environment, Health & Safety and Operations standards and regulations.
- Familiar with a computerized operating system.
- Knowledge of inventory control, quality management, and operating efficiency.
- Agricultural experience or specialized knowledge of grain handling and crop input products.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate, service, and troubleshoot machinery.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation please contact [email protected]
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Talbotville
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10