OverviewCargill Food Scientist Full Time in Guelph, ON
Branch Guelph ON CA
Previous experience in retail and/or food service, operations, and/or management. Cargill’s meat business, headquartered in Wichita, Kansas is comprised of…
Cargill’s meat business, headquartered in Wichita, Kansas is comprised of Cargill Beef, Pork, Food Distribution, Case Ready, Beef, Value Added Meats Food Service, Value Added Meats Retail and Cargill Cattle Feeders. We employ approximately 35,000 worldwide and have processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, and Australia and international business offices in Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Cargill operates two Canadian facilities. The High River, Alberta plant is a fully integrated beef processing facility where 1,900 employees process 4,000 head of cattle per day. In Guelph, Ontario, two operations, a beef plant and a Case Ready plant employ a combined 1,450 employees while the beef plant processes a total of 1,800 head of cattle per day.
As the Food Scientist you will conduct research aligned with business needs for purposes of new product development, new process development, process improvement, technical sales support, and troubleshooting focused on Case Ready operations and production. Research can include the entire process from discovery to commercialization or segments of the process.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and project leadership to:
25% – Research and develop innovative customer focused new products, services, and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products
30% – Deliver high performance innovation, supporting core and new products
30% – Provide technical leadership in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight
10% – Build business unit, CAP platform and Cargill Corporate collaboration and product technical expertise to team members
5% – Build, maintain and defend IP portfolio
- Bachelor’s of science degree or equivalent experience in food/meat science, food safety or food processing
- Minimum of 2 years experience in new product development, commercialization of new products, and/or research
- Strong background in scientific procedure and project management skills
- Data analysis, experimental design, and technical writing and effective vocal communication skills
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office and email
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Masters, PhD or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in retail and/or food service, operations, and/or management
- Previous experience with statistical software
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Guelph
Job Type Standard
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-30