OverviewCargill Associate Human Resources Generalist Full Time in Guelph, ON
Branch Guelph ON CA
Associate Human Resources Generalist
Manage the recruitment process for all hourly positions and assist with Salary recruitment. Recruitment, engagement and communication….
Cargill’s meat business, headquartered in Wichita, Kansas is comprised of Cargill Beef, Pork, Food Distribution, Case Ready, Beef, Value Added Meats Food Service, Value Added Meats Retail and Cargill Cattle Feeders. We employ approximately 35,000 worldwide and have processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, and Australia and international business offices in Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Cargill Beef believes being an industry leader is about more than delivering the highest-quality products and service. It’s about delivering on our promises. Throughout our history, our commitment to building a better future has been at the heart of everything we do. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
Cargill Beef has an opportunity available for Associate Human Resources Generalist to provide support in a fast paced ever changing environment in a wide variety of areas including: Recruitment, engagement and communication.
- 20% Manage the recruitment process for all hourly positions and assist with Salary recruitment
- 10% Provide payroll assistance (through Kronos and PeopleSoft) in areas of hiring, job movement and other areas
- 50% Lead, develop and drive engagement processes, communication initiatives and event planning
- 5% Responsibility for retention initiatives
- 5% Assist with unionized employee investigations
- 5% Complete weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports, as required
- 5% Assist with various core HR functions, as required
- University degree or College diploma in Human Resources
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Human Resources Generalist role
- Previous experience in a unionized environment
- The ability to function in a fast paced changing enviroment with little direct supervision
- The ability to interact with other departments and functions to obtain the best business results possible
- A commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Self motivated with the desire to grow and learn as many functional areas of HR as possible
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- CHRP, or working towards it, is an asset, but not required
- Exposure to Time and Attendance Systems, as well as HRIS is a definite asset
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Human Resources
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Guelph
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23