Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-07-09
Career Connections Canada Buyer/Procurement (pharmaceuticals) 15 month Contr Temporary in Brampton, ON
Career Connections Canada
Branch Brampton ON CA
Buyer/Procurement (pharmaceuticals) 15 month Contr
3 to 5 years experience in Purchasing in Materials control in a pharmaceutical industry. Following SOP on regular basis to be in compliance….
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for procuring non-inventory items for R&D ,QC ,Micro Lab & facility ,Capital Equipment purchase, packaging components
- for Production, raw materials ,API & Excipients for R&D.
- Negotiate pricing with vendors.
- Responsible for purchase analysis relating to inventory levels of components.
- Assist/Support Research and Development with sourcing specific packaging materials and raw materials.
- Expedite materials in order to meet production requirements.
- Analyze quotes from existing and new vendors.
- Develop existing vendors to improve lead time, quality and service.
- Purchasing analysis for the NIRS vendors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Order materials regularly as per schedule for R&D & QC /Micro lab.
- Responsible for Equipment Purchase request timely get executed.
- Order materials regularly as per the MRP: Responsible for releasing firm purchase orders as per MRP requirements.
- Responsible for effective cost saving to meet target set for MM Purchase team
- Process improvement to get flow less operation without any delays.
- Communicate any delivery issues which would affect the master production schedule or Lab testing schedule
- Vendor analysis base on quality product, rejection rate, pricing structure, open issues.
- Responsible to maintain Supplier agreements / Contracts.
- Responsible for change control initiation & follow up with it.
- Responsible to resolve any shortages or discrepancies on received material with accounts payable.
- Responsible for vendor returned if any.
- Review exception report.
- Ensure quantities purchased meet purchasing guidelines and policies.
- Sourcing inventory items for R &D, QC-Micro Lab , obtaining samples, specifications, pricing and lead times.
- Survey market place for alternate vendor quotes to ensure competitiveness of existing vendors.
- Responsible to negotiate pricing with vendors and maintain vendor pricing records as needed for analysis.
- Review open purchase orders to reduce and or increase quantities as necessary.
- Responsible to ensure that purchase orders are placed for components /raw material to meet the launch dates of new products.
- Communicate QC QA issues, rejections with appropriate vendors.
- Lead cross functional team to help resolve NOE’s, NCI’s and CAPA’s in a timely manner.
- Align Taro Packaging and Raw /API Material requirements with Supplier’s specifications.
- Checking sourcing for Outside testing labs.
- Following SOP on regular basis to be in compliance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchasing analysis for NIRS supplier with department vise data
- Purchasing summary- committed and planned purchases
- Exception reports
- Quote comparisons: Prepare a report to distinguish new quotes with existing vendors.
- Saving Report
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- working knowledge of computer systems and programs
- ability to manage multiple projects
- effective interpersonal skills to develop business relationships to ensure timetables are met
- ability to develop project timelines
- Negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures, policies and paradigms.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB :
- University degree in business or related or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in Purchasing in Materials control in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of : Microsoft Excel and Word
- BPCS MRP System
- APICS or PMAC certification will be an asset.
- Experience in interfacing and interacting with diverse business groups