OverviewCARE Canada Chief of Party Contract in Esperanza, BC
Branch Esperanza BC CA
Chief of Party
Dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential counselling services;…
CARE Canada is currently seeking a
Chief of Party
for our project Promoting Rural Economic Development for Women and Youth in the Lempa Region of Honduras (PROLEMPA).
The Chief of Party (COP), located in La Esperanza, Intibucá, provides overall leadership and direction of the PROLEMPA Project funded through Global Affairs Canada (formerly DFATD) as part of Canada’s commitment to supporting rural economic development in the Honduran Dry corridor. The Project seeks to improve the economic well-being of small-scale entrepreneurs and producers, in particular women, youth and indigenous people.
The incumbent leads and manages the Project through a combination of technical assistance, local capacity building, local tourism and coffee value chain women-led Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) interventions both for CARE’s operational areas, and in alignment with Government of Honduras policies and structures. This includes personnel and financial management, administrative oversight, program quality assurance, management of the technical unit, and management of field teams in 25 municipalities located in the Departments of Intibucá, La Paz and Lempira. The COP also ensures close coordination and collaborative relations with project consortium members (CARE (Lead), CESO and TechnoServe), technical partners (technical expertise from Financière Agricole du Québec – Développement International (FADQDI), and Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) and Honduran national partners (municipalities, regions and private sector partners). S/he ensures CARE’s contribution to dissemination of program learning and achievements, and documentation of promising practices in programming within Honduras to assist evidence based decision on local rural economic development and women economic empowerment.
The position is required to provide the vision and strategic leadership necessary to promote sustainable program design and implementation modality as well as effective management of the overall program.
What you offer:
- Master’s degree in appropriate technical field (e.g. Economic Development, Agriculture, Food Security, Geography, Sociology, nutrition, rural development or relevant social science) or Bachelor’s degree with extensive and pertinent professional experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in food security and economic development programming of which 4 must have been in a management position;
- Demonstrated project management experience with projects of similar size (12M CAD) and complexity;
- Solid experience in staff supervision and development;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Firm belief in and demonstrated commitment to gender equality, and sensitivity to HIV/AIDS;
What would make you extraordinary (Assets):
- Previous experience with Global Affairs Canada reporting, budgeting, procurement, and project management procedures;
- French skills;
What we offer:
- Spousal Accompaniment;
- Contract Length: 2 years (renewable);
- Generous leave entitlements;
- Accommodation and Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential counselling services;
- Learning and Development opportunities;
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy ;
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. To learn more, visit www.care.ca
How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please apply directly at http://bit.ly/2oeNhOn by April 21st, 2017.
Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is identified.
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Esperanza, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-01