OverviewCapital Sports Properties Inc. Conversions (General Labour) Part Time in Ottawa, ON
Capital Sports Properties Inc.
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Conversions (General Labour)
Notices and accurately interprets what clients are feeling, based on their words, tone of voice, expressions, and other nonverbal behavior….
All team members of Senators Sports & Entertainment are held accountable for creating raving fans.
The Conversions team works together to ensure that all equipment and operational tasks are properly performed to guarantee the success of every event held at Canadian Tire Centre.
As shifts often start at 10:00 pm and involve overnight hours, availability to work nights is required.
Essential Raving Fans Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Seeks ways to enhance the fan experience in unexpected ways
- Empowered to say YES, creating raving fans of Senators Sports & Entertainment
- Knows and lives SSE’s mission everyday through service, teamwork, continuous improvement, change, and fun
- Obsessed with client satisfaction, asking, “How can I exceed your expectations today?”
- Maintains consistency in attitude and behavior, exceeding expectations
- Works to make a specific impression on our clients. That impression is that of someone who is Wowed, Overly Satisfied and a Raving Fan
- Approaches all tasks with a “can-do” attitude understanding that there is no other kind of attitude
- Notices and accurately interprets what clients are feeling, based on their words, tone of voice, expressions, and other nonverbal behavior
- Takes a personal interest in clients by asking about their concerns, interests, family, hobbies, etc. to develop relationships.
- Presents a cheerful, positive manner
- Takes ownership and sees the client’s need through from beginning to end
- Exercises appropriate judgment in handling client situations.
- Responds in a positive manner with alternative solutions when a client’s initial request is not possible.
- Shows initiative and takes action with an appropriate level of independence
- Perform ice making tasks as required
- Operate light equipment such as ice resurfacer, forklifts, lift platforms, loaders, and cleaning equipment
- Responsible for the assembly and disassembly of event equipment, such as tables, chairs, risers, staging, and booths
- Install and remove dashers, glass and temporary flooring on ice surface
- Assist with custodial duties including dusting, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming when required
- Complete minor repairs on ice surface, dasher boards, safety shields, and all other equipment
- May be called upon for in-game Ice Crew duties
- Perform other duties as required from time to time at the request of the Operations Supervisor
Health & Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Responsible for ensuring that all areas covered by Occupational Health & Safety Act (“OHSA”) are adhered to, specifically:
- Working in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA regulations and internal policies and procedures
- Using or wearing protective equipment, devices or clothing when required
- Reporting any missing or defective equipment or protective device which could endanger himself or herself or another team member
- Reporting any contravention of the OHSA regulations or Senators Sports & Entertainment policies and procedures
- Must be physically able to do heavy lifting and be comfortable working at heights
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong skating skills a definite asset
- Possess knowledge of materials, equipment, and methods used in custodial work
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety precautions.
- Familiar with tools and maintenance equipment
- Must be willing and available to work a varied schedule, including nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17