OverviewCapital District Health Authority Unit Aide – Palliative Care Part Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Unit Aide – Palliative Care
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Support Bargaining unit position. The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova…
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
The Unit Aide has an important role within the health care team. Reporting directly to the Health Services Manager, the Unit Aide is responsible for stocking and maintaining all supplies and equipment to meet the needs of patients in their designated work area. An understanding of the basic principles of infection control is essential and key to providing a safe environment for patients and staff alike. This role also provides indirect and direct support for patient care.
* Grade XII
* Previous ward/unit aide or patient attendant experience preferred
* Current certification in WHIMIS
* Basic knowledge of infection control
* Prior experience stocking supplies
* Demonstrated understanding of the importance of cleanliness in a hospital
* Ability to establish good relationships
* Good judgement and demonstrated initiative
* Team player with effective communication skills
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift and move patients using proper body mechanics and/or lifting devices.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
* Permanent Part-time (40%) Position; 30 hours biweekly
$17.4129 – $18.8349 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Support Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08