OverviewCapital District Health Authority Secretary C – Rehabilitation & Supportive Care Services Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Secretary C – Rehabilitation & Supportive Care Services
One year secretarial experience required. Grade XII plus the successful completion of a one year secretarial course….
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
The Health Services Portfolio, the Secretary is responsible for providing multi-tasked administrative duties in addition to secretarial support; working under minimal supervision, demonstrating initiative, good organizational skills and decision making with regards to situations that may arise in dealing with patients, staff, the public and community agencies in a professional and efficient manner. The secretary will also act as a contributing member of the site team.
This position may include shifts throughout the Rehabilitation and Supportive Care Services portfolio.
* Grade XII plus the successful completion of a one year secretarial course
* One year secretarial experience required
* Experience working in a medical setting an asset
* Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
* Knowledge of Outlook, Internet, Star Navigator, PHS and Time Capture an asset
* Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with patients, hospital staff, public and referral sources
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
* Permanent, full-time position; 70 hours biweekly
$18.8904 – $20.9892 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Administrative Agreement – Administrative Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24