OverviewCapital District Health Authority Research Secretary – Research Services Part Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Research Secretary – Research Services
The secretary is also responsible for the database operations, working with research forms and documents and monitoring database throughout the study period….
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Reporting to, and under the direction of the Research Manager/Program Lead of the Community Cardiovascular Hearts in Motion (CCHIM) Program, the Research Secretary is responsible for providing administrative support for the CCHIM research, prgrams and to the research team. The secretary is also responsible for the database operations, working with research forms and documents and monitoring database throughout the study period.
* Grade 12
* Successful completion of a one year Secretarial/Business diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Medical Terminology course preferred
* Minimum of two years related secretarial/administrative experience
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), internet and email
* Keyboarding skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Effective communication, customer service, problem solving and decision making skills
* Ability to draft, format and edit office correspondence
* Excellent organizational, time management and daily planning skills
* Ability to work well independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team environment
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
**A skill test will be included as part of the selection process**
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
* Long Assignment Part-time 40% Position; 30 Hours Biweekly
* Shifts may include evening hours
* Travel to various sites may be required
* Beginning on or after September 14, 2015 with an expected end date of October 31, 2016
$16.3610 – $20.4513 Hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18