OverviewCapital District Health Authority Rehab Assistant – Rehabilitation & Supportive Care Services Part Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Rehab Assistant – Rehabilitation & Supportive Care Services
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings….
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Under the direction of the Health Services Manager and under the supervision of the registered physiotherapist/occupational therapist, the Rehabilitation Assistant, as an active member of the patient care team, works with individuals, families and groups to help educate and promote movement, occupation, function. Working collaboratively with their team, the Rehabilitation Assistant is responsible for the safe and proficient delivery of activities that have been assigned by the physiotherapist/occupational therapists for patients coping with temporary or permanent limitations in movement and daily function. They enable clients to meet their expected outcomes by contributing to the implementation and to the modification of rehab programs and services. The Rehabilitation Assistant also checks and clean equipment, maintains treatment and storage areas, orders necessary supplies.
**The incumbent may be required to provide services throughout the Rehabilitation and Supportive Care Services portfolio within a seven day service**
* Grade XII
* Graduation from a recognized Community College Rehabilitation Assistant program or completion of recognized OTA and PTA College programs
* Must be qualified in CPR
* Basic knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
* Demonstrated ability to communicate well with both patients/families and staff
* Must be co-operative and possess good interpersonal skills to be able to work collaboratively with team members
* Organizational ability to complete assigned work and manage changing staffing and caseload levels
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
* Permanent Part-time 70% Position; 52.5 Hours Biweekly
* Position works over a seven day schedule including weekends and holidays
$19.3923 – $22.0369 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Healthcare Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18