OverviewCapital District Health Authority Psychology Technician – Sex Offender Unit, ECFPH Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Psychology Technician – Sex Offender Unit, ECFPH
$28.1418 – $32.8416 hourly. Duties will primarily include addressing informed consent and proceeding with the administration, scoring and joint interpretation…
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
The East Coast Forensic Hospital (ECFH) offers services to individuals in Nova Scotia who require specialized forensic assessment and/or treatment. The Forensic Sexual Behaviour Program is currently located at The Nova Scotia Hospital site where the coordination of sexual offender assessment and treatment services for the province is based. Treatment is currently being offered in four areas across the province whereas assessment is primarily centralized to The Nova Scotia Hospital site.
The Psychology Technician will work conjointly with the coordinating psychologist and assessment team to ensure the effective provision of comprehensive sexual behaviour assessments. Duties will primarily include addressing informed consent and proceeding with the administration, scoring and joint interpretation of psychological assessment data (particularly penile plethysmography), report-writing, research and database maintenance activities, some limited involvement in treatment, and participation in team meetings. All duties will be performed independently, with support and supervision provided by the coordinating psychologist.
* Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a minimum of 1 year related experience
* Experience working with forensic patients or correctional offenders.
* Candidates must demonstrate maturity, excellent organizational skills, and a capacity to work effectively with resistant and aggressive client groups.
* Proficiency in the administration and scoring of psychological tests will be expected, with preference given to those candidates with knowledge of risk assessment.
* Knowledge of relapse prevention principles and awareness of issues in the use and interpretation of penile plethysmography is preferred.
* Experience working with database, word-processing, and statistical programs (e.g., SPSS) are considered to be an asset.
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
* Long assignment full-time position; 75 hours biweekly
* Beginning October 19, 2015 with an expected end date of October 28, 2016
$28.1418 – $32.8416 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Healthcare Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31