OverviewCapital District Health Authority Psychologist IV, Mental Health and Addiction Services, Glace Bay Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Psychologist IV, Mental Health and Addiction Services, Glace Bay
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings….
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Manager of Outpatient and Community Based Services, the Psychologist provides services to adults aged 19 years and older. The psychologist will function as a primary therapist within a multidisciplinary team and will be involved in the planning, development and evaluation of the treatment planning for clients utilizing both individual therapy and group treatment models. The Psychologist will be expected to assess, diagnose and consult on complex presenting issues including concurrent disorders, borderline personality disorders and trauma. The psychologist will also act as a clinical leader and provide collaborative treatment planning and supervision of other members of the team.
* Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from an educational institution acceptable to the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology.
* Registered, or eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology.
* Three (3) years clinical training and experience in providing psychological services to adults with mental health disorders.
* Knowledge of the DSM and ability to use to assess and diagnose common mental health disorders (e.g. anxiety, depression) and the ability to identify and refer on more severe disorders (e.g. psychosis, bipolar).
* Diagnostic experience completing mental health assessments and implementing evidence based treatment plans.
* Demonstrated ability in cognitive behaviour therapy, group therapy and brief therapy models.
* Experience providing supervision.
* Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a multi-disciplinary team within a flexible work schedule and environment.
* Exemplary ability to coordinate the development of effective linkages with other agencies as needed.
* Demonstrated experience in crisis and suicide risk assessment and intervention.
* Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
* Willing to participate in clinical training activities.
* The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy in a manner consistent with the policies and standards of Mental Health and Addictions and the Nova Scotia Health Authority.
* Travel will be required.
* Evening hours will be required.
Hours of Work
Regular Full-Time Averaging 75 hours Per Pay Period
This is a non-union/ non- management position.
This position is based out of Northside General Hospital.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances. Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Applications may be faxed to (902) 567-7224, sent by e-mail to [email protected], or mailed to 1482 George Street, Sydney, NS B1P 1P3.
Please quote Job ID: 11395.
Applications are accepted until 4:00 PM on the Closing Date
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19