OverviewCapital District Health Authority Provincial Senior Director – Critical Care/Trauma Programs Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Provincial Senior Director – Critical Care/Trauma Programs
A streamlined health system can provide many opportunities to put resources where most effective to meet population needs, build a system that focuses on people…
**Please note that this position has a great deal of presence in Halifax, but the physical location is flexible (office will need to be at one of the regional sites).**
The Nova Scotia Government has outlined a vision for people-centered health care that will enable the system to think and act as one. A critical step in enabling this vision is the creation of the Nova Scotia Health Authority that will work in collaboration with the IWK Health Centre. A streamlined health system can provide many opportunities to put resources where most effective to meet population needs, build a system that focuses on people and patients, ensure a provincial approach to planning and integration of services, and reduce duplication.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority has been created by legislation and was effective on April 1, 2015. The years ahead are of transition and transformation of the health system. For provincial coordination of the Critical Care/Trauma Programs, a Provincial Senior Director is being recruited.
Reporting to the Vice President Integrated Health Services, Program of Care 1, the Provincial Senior Director of Critical Care Trauma, in collaboration with the Medical Director For Critical and Medical Director for Trauma, is responsible for province-wide planning across the Nova Scotia Health Authority, ensuring the clinical, research and academic mandates of the Nova Scotia Health Authority are achieved. Working closely with the IWK Health Centre, and the Department of Health and Wellness and the strategic direction thereof, the Senior Director provides leadership in the design and implementation of a provincial integrated Critical Care/Trauma programs and in the development and execution of strategic plans that support excellence in care delivery, improvement in health outcomes, system integration and collaboration, and achievement of standards of care established by the Department.
The Provincial Senior Director ensures continuous improvement to advance a vision of excellence within the Critical Care/Trauma programs and is responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of quality management and safety programs, and compliance with relevant standards, regulations and accreditation requirements. This includes working with the leadership teams at the program, zone, IWK and Department of Health and Wellness (DHW) level to ensure compliance with agreements and standards. The Senior Director facilitates and champions a learning and research environment that aligns with the current and proposed future state of the Nova Scotia Health Authority.
* Baccalaureate degree in health related discipline
* Masters degree in health related discipline, health administration, business administration or related subject
* Registration with relevant health or professional discipline/college or association
* Certified Health Executive is an asset
Skills and Experience:
* 7-10 years of senior leadership experience in critical care/trauma with progressive accountabilities for financial, strategic and people management to deliver high quality services within a tertiary, quaternary and academic health centre
* Excellent leadership, relationship building, organizational and decision skills in support of patient, family and client centred services
* Expert knowledge to critically analyze evidence-based practices to inform strategy development and organizational planning
* Strategic planning and systems thinking
* Expertise in financial planning
* Evidence-based collaborative problem solving of complex multifaceted issues
* Understands the principles of project management and demonstrated ability to create and lead complex work teams
* Demonstrated advanced communications skills/positive energetic public persona
* Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and monitor quality and performance indicators and benchmarks
* Possesses a sound knowledge of management and a working knowledge of information systems
* Demonstrated cultural competence
Comprehensive Benefits including group insurance, pension, long term disability, vacation, and sick benefits.
Senior Director (Band 18):
$57.6822 – $72.1029 hourly
($112,480 – $140,600 annually)
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application online at http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/careers.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the
property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18