OverviewCapital District Health Authority Patient Attendant – Ophthalmology Operating Room (OR) Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Patient Attendant – Ophthalmology Operating Room (OR)
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Support Bargaining unit position. The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova…
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Health Services Manager and working under the direction of the Staff Nurse, the Patient Attendant is responsible for supporting patient care activities in their work area including: cleaning of equipment and work areas; maintaining supplies; care and handling of sterile items.
* Grade XII
* Current certification in WHMIS preferred
* Previous Patient Attendant experience an asset
* Must be able to respond quickly to unexpected situations and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to lift and move patients and equipment using proper body mechanics and/or lifting devices
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Must have highly developed interpersonal skills
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
* Permanent full-time position; 75 hours bi-weekly
$17.4129 – $18.8349 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Support Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30