OverviewCapital District Health Authority NSHCPL Nutrition Program Contract Analyst Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
NSHCPL Nutrition Program Contract Analyst
Commitment to customer service, continuous improvement and innovation. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals,…
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
The Nova Scotia Health Care Purchasing Limited (NSHCPL) is the result of a unique partnership between Nova Scotia Health Authority, the IWK Health Centre and their stakeholders providing cost effective and time efficient group purchasing services in Nova Scotia’s health care industry through product research, public tendering, product evaluations, comparisons and quality controls.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Nutrition Program Contract Analyst will be responsible for the review of contracts in preparation for tendering, as well as supporting the operations of the program. The position will involve working closely with program members, the program’s Food & Nutrition Committee and external stakeholders. Position may be based in any part of Nova Scotia.
- Successful completion of a recognized University Nutrition Degree or Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition
- Eligible to be a licensed member with the NSDA (Nova Scotia Dietetic Association)
- Minimum 5 years recent experience as a dietitian (food service preferred); healthcare food service management experience an asset
- Certification in Advanced Food Safety
- Previous experience with contract development, including detailed specifications, is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook including development and maintenance of documents and spreadsheets. Experience in Nutritional Analysis and Food Service Management software programs an asset
- Knowledge of institutional food service operations, menu planning and food supply as well as demonstrated knowledge of relevant standards and best practices, food safety regulations, healthcare structures, environments and services
- Demonstrated knowledge of therapeutic needs of clients within a health and institutional environment with regards to: allergens, special and ethnic diets including kosher, Halal, gluten-free, renal, diabetic, low bacteria, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Demonstrated accountability, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated abilities related to staff and evaluation, networking, negotiation and change management
- Commitment to customer service, continuous improvement and innovation
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position
- Possess a valid driver’s license and own vehicle as travel is required
- Good work and attendance record
- Commitment to maintain and protect patient, client, and personal safety on an ongoing basis
- Commitment to confidentiality and privacy of NSHA patients and clients
- Annually access the training and education on patient, client and personal safety made available by NSHA
- The successful applicant will have a commitment to the mission and values of the Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Hours of Work
Temporary Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
6-12 months approximately
Hours of Work
Comprehensive Benefits including group insurance, pension, long term disability, vacation, and sick benefits.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a Non-Unionized position.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Please note that the location of this position is yet to be determined.
To apply please quote job ID: NSHA-AC-CY 2015-300
Helen Muir-Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources – Nova Scotia Health Authority
Guysborough-Antigonish & Richmond Counties and the Southern portion of Inverness County
25 Bay Street
Antigonish, Nova Scotia, B2G 2G5
902-867-4500 Ext. 4429 Fax: 902-863-6455
Or email: [email protected]
When applying online please call (902) 867- 4500 Ext. 4100 to verify receipt of application/resume.
Job description can be viewed on line at www.nshealth.ca. Click on careers, click on Guysborough, Antigonish and Richmond Counties and the southern portion of Inverness County, choose Careers& Education, choose job descriptions, and select the union
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24