OverviewCapital District Health Authority Food Service Production Supervisor, Nutrition and Food Service Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Food Service Production Supervisor, Nutrition and Food Service
Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia….
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia
Reporting to the Manager, Nutrition & Food Services, the Food Service Production Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision of patient and retail food service operations and the oversight of all food production activities. This supervisor may have to work as the sole supervisory individual on a particular site. Travel is required between sites. The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership in coaching and developing staff that they will be supervising. He/she will be a highly effective change agent with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Job duties include, but not limited to:
* Ensure food and physical safety standards are maintained at all times
* Oversee all activities related to food production- patient and retail food services
* Work with vendors and food companies to ensure production needs are met
* Provide supervision, coaching, and education to staff
* Provide knowledge in all production classifications (cook, cook¿s helper, ingredient control, catering, etc.)
* Coordination and management of Vision software as it relates to food production
* Inventory management, forecasting, and menu planning
* Oversee financial reporting
* Work with management and staff to ensure high quality food and service excellence
* Ongoing professional development
* Completion of a Food Service Supervisory course or a University Degree in a Food/Nutrition discipline
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage unexpected circumstances, and work independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to manage the Vision Food Service Program
* Excellent work and attendance record
* 2-5 years supervisory experience in an institutional setting.
* Red Seal Cook Certification preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of therapeutic diets
* Advanced food safety certification
* Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
* Good references on work performance.
* Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Hours of Work
Temporary Full Time; Averaging 75 hours per pay period
Up to (12) twelve months
This is a management position.
Location: Cape Breton Regional Hospital
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances. Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Applications may be faxed to (902) 567-7224, sent by e-mail to [email protected], or mailed to 1482 George Street, Sydney, NS B1P 1P3.
Please quote JOB POSTING # 11795
Applications are accepted until 4:00 PM on the Closing Date
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31