OverviewCapital District Health Authority Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator – Antimicrobial Stewardship – Clinical Pharmacy Services Infectious Di Part Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator – Antimicrobial Stewardship – Clinical Pharmacy Services Infectious Di
Manage AMS performance indicators and research; Conducting research and contributing to the literature….
Please Note: This position was originally posted as an assignment, and this has been corrected. The position is permanent at 50%.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Under the supervision of the Pharmacy Senior Director, the Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator will be a key member of pharmacy leadership and promote evidence-based, patient-centered, safe, appropriate, and cost-effective use of antimicrobials in clinical practice. The Clinical Coordinator will have an advanced practice role acting as the AMS Pharmacist Lead and working with the Infectious Diseases Medical Director to develop an AMS program in Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA). They will implement and participate in AMS initiatives; manage AMS performance indicators and research; and engage local healthcare workers and administration.
* Acting as a professional practice leader, educator, and mentor within NSHA
* Harmonizing stewardship initiatives, performance indicators, resources, and research across NSHA
* Developing antimicrobial clinical pathways, pre-printed orders, guidelines, and standards of practice
* Organizing educational activities and precepting learners
* Compiling, analyzing, and reporting antimicrobial utilization data
* Conducting research and contributing to the literature
* Participating in committees relating to AMS
* Post-baccalaureate Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D., MSc., Ph.D. or equivalent) with relevant post-graduate training and or clinical experience
* Applicants must be eligible for licensure as a Pharmacist in the province
* Minimum of two years (five years preferred) experience in pharmacy practice is required
* Specific training in ID and antimicrobial stewardship preferred
* Strong knowledge of antimicrobials and infectious diseases
* Experience with research and program development
* Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet deadlines
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete
Hours of Work
* Permanent part-time 50% position; 37.5 hours biweekly
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01