OverviewCapital District Health Authority Clerk B – 6.2 Cardiology Part Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Clerk B – 6.2 Cardiology
Under the direction of the Health Services Manager, the Clerk B contributes to the effective operation of the nursing unit by acting as the central…
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Under the direction of the Health Services Manager, the Clerk B contributes to the effective operation of the nursing unit by acting as the central communication person (for the unit). He/she performs reception, clerical and administrative duties following hospital policies and procedures while maintaining a high standard of maturity and discretion in handling confidential matters.
* Grade XII plus one year related clerical experience or recognized one year secretarial/business program
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
* PHS and STAR Registration preferred
* Knowledge of computers
* Data entry experience
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize duties
* Able to work with minimal supervision
* Able to maintain confidentiality
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information
Hours of Work
* Casual relief position
*Shifts include days, evenings and weekends
$18.7419 – $20.4400 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Administrative Agreement – Administrative Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31