OverviewCapital District Health Authority Care Team Assistant – Vascular Clinic Part Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Care Team Assistant – Vascular Clinic
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application….
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Care Team Assistant provides assistance with personal care to patients. The CTA supports the work of an RN. The CTA is responsible and accountable for the safe performance of the direct patient care tasks and indirect care/support functions assigned to them and should be aware if the tasks and functions being assigned are within their job description/scope of employment.
* Grade XII
* Continuing Care Assistant Program plus certification, or equivalent as defined by the employer
* Acute care experience preferred
* Current CPR certification
* Understands the principles of patient-focused care
* Understands the concepts of working within an interdisciplinary team as an approach to providing patient care
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
* Short assignment part-time (40%) position; 30 hours biweekly
* Beginning June 1, 2015 with an expected end date of August 31, 2015
* Monday – Friday day time hours
Care Team Assistant:
$17.4129 – $18.8349 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Healthcare Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23