OverviewCapital District Health Authority Care Team Assistant – E.C.T. – Mental Health & Addictions Program Part Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Care Team Assistant – E.C.T. – Mental Health & Addictions Program
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Healthcare Bargaining unit position. The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova…
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, and/or, LPN or delegate, the Care Team Assistant provides assistance with personal care to patients. The CTA supports the work of an RN and LPN. The CTA is responsible and accountable for the safe performance of the direct patient care tasks and indirect care/support functions assigned to them and should be aware if the tasks and functions being assigned are within their job description/scope of employment.
* Grade XII plus completion of Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) program
* One year experience in a health care setting; mental health experience preferred
* Possesses aptitude for working in partnership with individuals living with a mental illness
* Demonstrates knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation and mental health practices
* Communicates in a culturally sensitive, non-judgmental, empathetic manner to establish therapeutic relationships with individuals and/or families
* Demonstrates effective listening skills
* Maintains BCLS, and WHMIS Certifications
* Maintains Food Handling Certificate
* Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrates an ability to work within a team environment
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, compassionate and caring attitude
* Supports the philosophy, vision and mission of the Nova Scotia Health Authority and the Mental Health & Addictions Program
* Demonstrates professionalism in attitude, dress code and behaviour
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Proof of certification will be required. Where there are no applicants with provincial certification the employer may consider candidates who are eligible to write the CCA knowledge exam and obtain certification within 90 days from their date of hire.
Applicants relying on equivalent education and/or experience must demonstrate such equivalency in their applications. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
* Long Assignment Part-time (30%) Position; 22.5 hours biweekly
* Beginning October 17, 2016 with an expected end date of October 17, 2017
Care Team Assistant:
$17.4129 – $18.8349 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Healthcare Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21