OverviewCapital District Health Authority Care Team Assistant – Duncan MacMillan Nursing Home Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Care Team Assistant – Duncan MacMillan Nursing Home
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings….
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, and/or, LPN or delegate, the Care Team Assistant provides assistance with personal care to patients. The CTA supports the work of an RN and LPN. The CTA is responsible and accountable for the safe performance of the direct patient care tasks and indirect care/support functions assigned to them and should be aware if the tasks and functions being assigned are within their job description/scope of employment.
- Grade XII
- Continuing Care Assistant Program plus certification, or equivalent as defined by the employer
- Current CPR certification
- Eden Associate Training or willingness to obtain
- Understands the principles of patient-focused care
- Understands the concepts of working within an interdisciplinary team as an approach to providing patient care
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be
considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Where there are no applicants with provincial certification the employer may consider
candidates who are eligible to write the CCA knowledge exam and obtain certification within 90 days from their date of hire.
Hours of Work
- Long Assignment Full-time Position; 75 hours bi-weekly
- Beginning October 5, 2015 with an expected end date of September 22, 2017
Care Team Assistant:
$17.4129 – $18.8349 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Healthcare Agreement – Healthcare Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Firefox, Mozilla, Google Chrome are currently not supported browsers for job applications, please use Internet Explorer when applying for jobs. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for you.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23