OverviewCapital District Health Authority Book & Registration Clerk B – LSS Lab Central Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Book & Registration Clerk B – LSS Lab Central
Customer service skills required. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based…
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Under the direction of the supervisor or delegate and following the Nova Scotia Health Authority policies and procedures, the Laboratory Registration and Reporting Clerk B registers patients in the hospital registration system and order a wide scope of complex laboratory tests utilizing the Laboratory Information System. The Laboratory Registration and Reporting Clerk B also facilitates the reporting of laboratory test results via phone, fax and other electronic reporting systems. Other tasks include responding to inquiries, distribution of memorandums, filing laboratory reports, data entry and transfer of calls to appropriate laboratory staff.
- Grade XII plus one year related experience or graduate of recognized one year related business/clerical program
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs preferred
- Customer service skills required
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and multi-tasking skills
- STAR registration experience preferred
- LIS accessioning experience preferred
- Medical Terminology preferred
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
- Permanent, full-time postition; 70 hours biweekly
- Shift work required, including weekends
Booking & Registration Clerk B:
$18.7419 – 20.4400 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Administrative Agreement – Administrative Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Firefox, Mozilla, Google Chrome are currently not supported browsers for job applications, please use Internet Explorer when applying for jobs. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for you.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24