OverviewCapital District Health Authority Book & Registration Clerk B – General Surgery Clinic/Ambulatory Care Part Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Book & Registration Clerk B – General Surgery Clinic/Ambulatory Care
Opening Statement The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Health Services Manager or delegate, the Booking Clerk contributes to the effective operation of the General Surgery clinic and Ambulatory care by assisting in the general organization and patient flow and efficiency of the clinic. The booking clerk performs clerical and administrative duties following hospital policies and procedures while maintaining a high standard of maturity and discretion in handling confidential matters. The booking clerk will schedule patients for clinics visits, contacting them via phone or mail as required, with their appointment information.
* Grade XII plus one year related experience, or graduate of a recognized one year secretarial/office/business program
* Typing and computer experience
* Medical terminology is an asset
* General office skills an asset
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrates problem solving and decision making skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize duties
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Demonstrated ability to remain calm during crisis situations and deal with numerous interruptions and continuous change an asset
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
* Skills testing will be performed. Only applicants achieving a passing mark will advance to the interview process
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on equivalent education and/or experience must demonstrate such equivalency in their applications. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
* Casual relief position
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a NSGEU Administrative Agreement – Administrative Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24