OverviewCapital District Health Authority Administrative Assistant – Research Services Full Time in Halifax, NS
Capital District Health Authority
Branch Halifax NS CA
Administrative Assistant – Research Services
Correction Please note the pay scale has been corrected to correlate with the appropriate classification of a Research Administrative Assistant. Opening
Please note the pay scale has been corrected to correlate with the appropriate classification of a Research Administrative Assistant.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
The Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) unit encompasses many kinds of science, all of which seek to change diagnosis and treatment at the point-of-care to improve patient health outcomes. Patient-oriented research also seeks to help the provinces and territories deliver rapid access to high-quality and cost-effective health care and to distribute that care in manner consistent with Canadians¿ values of justice
Reporting to the Director, Coordinating Centre of the Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research Unit (SPOR), the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the Director of the SPOR Coordinating Centre and assists in the administration of the SPOR unit as a whole.
* Grade 12
* Completion of a recognized Secretarial/Business program
* Minimum of five years related secretarial/administrative experience in an office environment
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), internet and email
* Keyboarding skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage financial requirements on a daily basis
* Demonstrated knowledge of office practices and procedures
* Excellent attention to detail required
* Ability to draft, format and edit office correspondence
* Effective communication, customer service, problem solving and decision making skills
* Well developed organizational, time management and daily planning skills
* Ability to work well independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team environment
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
* Long assignment full-time position; 75 hours biweekly
* Beginning January 9, 2017 with an expected end date of September 30, 2018
Research Administrative Assistant:
$20.1965 – $25.2457 Hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-07