OverviewCapilano University Student Information Services Officer (3 positions) Full Time in North Vancouver, BC
Branch North Vancouver BC CA
Student Information Services Officer (3 positions)
North Vancouver, BC
Internal or External Position. Assists applicants in completing the application process by checking for completeness of file, determining what documents are…
This is varied customer service, clerical, and administrative support work in support of Enrolment Services. An incumbent in this position is primarily responsible for providing a wide variety of information on university programs, services, policies and procedures to students, other employees and the general public. Duties include providing front line customer service, providing first level screening of customer needs, preparing files, assessing and compiling information, word processing, data entry, document filing, and scanning The position reports to the Associate Registrar, Records, Registration and Financial Aid, and receives direction from the Supervisor, Records and Registration, and the Associate Registrars.
– Provides front line customer service and information to students, staff, faculty and the general public regarding admissions, registration, student loans, and awards processes, University programs, services, procedures and policies. Redirects inquiries and refers people to other campus services as necessary.
– Answers University switchboard calls, re-directs calls, and handles emergency calls.
– Processes registration and course change forms, grades, and other admissions, registration and graduation related material. Checks that the information and forms submitted are complete and conform to application or registration requirements.
– Evaluates, scans, and barcodes documents as received. Enters information relevant to the admissions process e.g. grades, test scores, English assessments, etc. Ensures data entered is accurate.
– Assists applicants in completing the application process by checking for completeness of file, determining what documents are still required, and writing appropriate communication to collect required information and advise of application status.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Thorough knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations and procedures that govern the University and Enrolment Services activities.
– Considerable knowledge of the University’s programs, courses, services and activities offered and knowledge of viable alternatives available for programs not offered by the University.
– Considerable knowledge of the University’s policies and procedures governing admissions and registration.
– Considerable knowledge of Banner or another automated student record system.
– Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
– Considerable knowledge of word-processing applications.
– Working knowledge of the University’s policies and procedures governing transfer credit and graduation.
– Working knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications.
– Working knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment and operation of a busy customer service centre.
– Working knowledge of emergency services procedures.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality.
– Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public and use judgement in providing a high level of customer service.
– Ability to handle difficult customers appropriately.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students and the general public.
– Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing.
– Ability to work with constant interruptions and to maintain attention to detail.
– Ability to process and enter data accurately.
– Ability to learn assigned clerical duties readily and to perform them in accordance with established methods and procedures.
– Ability to assess information and service needs, and provide information to students regarding admission procedures, financial aid procedures, educational planning and academic advising.
– Ability to quickly learn and retain a large body of general University information, including activities, functions, personnel, rules, policies, regulation, procedures, etc.
– Ability to make simple arithmetic computations and tabulations correctly.
– Ability to compose routine and non-routine correspondence.
– Ability to provide one-on-one instruction on assigned tasks to new and temporary staff.
– Ability to handle emergency telephone calls and situations.
– Skill in operating a variety of office equipment.
– Skill in keyboarding at 40 wpm.
Required Qualifications & Experience
– Completion of one year (approximately 30 credits) of post-secondary education
– Two years of related work experience, preferably in dealing with the public in an educational setting.
Required Licenses, Certificates & Registration
Will hours include evenings, weekends, or non-standard work weeks?
(When applicable only applies to Staff, Admin, & Exempt positions)
Internal or External Position
This is a Staff/Admin position
Appointment End Date (if temporary)
Days and Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm. However, hours may vary and may include evenings, weekends, or non-standard work weeks.
Bridge Period (if applicable)
$3,322 to $3,736 per month, based on 35 hours a week.
Workload Amount (Number of Sections)
Application Types Accepted
Special Terms and Instructions
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and proof of education.
Capilano University is an equal opportunity employer.
Membership in MoveUp is a condition of employment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: North Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02