OverviewCapilano University Events and Ceremonies Assistant Part Time in North Vancouver, BC
Branch North Vancouver BC CA
Events and Ceremonies Assistant
North Vancouver, BC
Thorough knowledge of Events and Ceremonies services. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and proof of education….
This is administrative and clerical work in support of the department of Events and Ceremonies. Duties include assisting in the organization and set up of events and ceremonies, completing departmental financial transactions, maintaining departmental records, creating invitations and publications, managing event software systems and performing additional support duties to the Manager. An incumbent in this position reports to the Manager, Events and Ceremonies.
– Assists in the organization of events and ceremonies at the University, including answering enquiries and preparing departmental information, uploading information to a web page, creating collateral materials for events i.e. invitations, publications, signage, nametags and place cards and assisting in the event set up.
– Performs financial transactions as required, including purchase card reconciliation and updating departmental budgets.
– Arranges and attends department and committee meetings, including preparing agendas and taking minutes.
– Organizes, updates and maintains computerized departmental records including inventory lists for the Events and Ceremonies storage and event permission requests.
– Sets up and maintains event software system. Conducts ongoing research on new software systems with continuous improvements and departmental efficiencies in mind.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Thorough knowledge of Events and Ceremonies services.
– Thorough knowledge of word processing applications.
– Considerable knowledge of business English and spelling.
– Considerable knowledge of office practices and equipment.
– Considerable knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications, and the ability to upgrade and learn new applications.
– For specified programs or areas: considerable knowledge of web posting and bulletin board applications.
– Ability to prioritize, multitask, apply organization skills to meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
– Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, and communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing.
– Ability to adapt to changing situations.
– Ability to maintain attention to detail with constant interruption.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and provide customer service to, a diverse group of other employees, students and the general public.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality.
– Ability to establish and maintain administrative procedures.
– Ability to lift 35 pounds.
– Skill in keyboarding at 50 wpm.
Required Qualifications & Experience
– Completion of one year (approximately 30 credits) of post-secondary education in applied business technology or business administration.
– Two years of directly related administrative support experience. Experience must include event planning/management.
Required Licenses, Certificates & Registration
– A valid class 5 BC driver’s license.
Will hours include evenings, weekends, or non-standard work weeks?
(When applicable only applies to Staff, Admin, & Exempt positions)
Internal or External Position
This is a Staff/Admin position
Appointment End Date (if temporary)
Days and Hours of Work
20 hours per week
Bridge Period (if applicable)
$1,898 to $2,135 per month, based on 20 hours a week.
Workload Amount (Number of Sections)
Application Types Accepted
Special Terms and Instructions
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and proof of education.
Capilano University is an equal opportunity employer.
Membership in MoveUp is a condition of employment.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: North Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-07