OverviewCapilano University Associate Business Analyst Full Time in North Vancouver, BC
Branch North Vancouver BC CA
Associate Business Analyst
North Vancouver, BC
Participates in business area analysis and business systems design projects. Preference given to formal Business analysis training….
The Associate Business Analyst is responsible for assisting with the development of project artifacts and strategic plans for IT Services at Capilano University by investigating, analyzing, reviewing, and collating documentation relating to initiatives as directed. This position reports to the Manager, Project Management Office.
– Participates in business area analysis and business systems design projects.
– Uses business analysis tools and methods to develop and recommend technology or procedural solutions and alternatives.
– Investigates, collects, analyzes and documents information to support recommendations, including business cases, technical feasibility studies, impact on existing systems or business processes, security, privacy and resource impacts, and cost estimates.
– Creates expressions of interest, requirements and analyses of alternatives, business cases, and presentations.
– Translates business processes into technical specifications, workflow or systems diagrams, and prepares documentation.
– Completes systems reviews, develops test plans and criteria, performs or coordinates testing, evaluates results, and reviews with clients.
– Prepares educational materials and provides user training.
– Arranges or provides system maintenance and support, and resolution of technical problems.
– Identifies, estimates and schedules project activities and resources.
– Assists with obtaining project resources and time line commitments from all involved parties.
– Coordinates and monitors project progress, time lines, resource usage, and costs.
– Performs duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Working knowledge of business analysis principles, methodologies and techniques.
– Considerable knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and database applications.
– Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
– Ability to gather requirements through various means, ensuring all stakeholders agree to both high level and detailed level requirements.
– Ability to write documents in a clear and concise fashion while maintaining an adequate level of detail as appropriate to each situation. Ability to critically review and suggest revisions to documents written by others.
– Ability to review high level technical and design documents and issues, and offer critical analysis.
– Ability to assemble and organize information obtained from a variety of sources.
– Ability to develop logical approaches to problems.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, both within IT Services and from a variety of University business units, and to work in a cross-functional team environment. Ability to work effectively with 3rd party vendors.
– Ability to multitask, apply organizational skills to meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
– Ability to adapt to changing situations.
– Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions, and to communicate information and instructions effectively, both orally and in writing.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Required Qualifications & Experience
– Diploma, certification or equivalent in business or information technology.
– 2 years of directly-related experience in a professional environment.
– Preference given to formal Business analysis training
– Knowledge of the installation, configuration, maintenance and problem resolution of hardware, software, operating systems and network components.
Required Licenses, Certificates & Registration
Will hours include evenings, weekends, or non-standard work weeks?
(When applicable only applies to Staff, Admin, & Exempt positions)
Internal or External Position
External (Position open to any qualified candidate)
Appointment End Date (if temporary)
Days and Hours of Work
M-F 7 hrs
Bridge Period (if applicable)
$3,736 to $4,204 per month based on 35 hours per week.
Workload Amount (Number of Sections)
Application Types Accepted
Special Terms and Instructions
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and proof of education.
Capilano University is an equal opportunity employer.
Membership in MoveUp is a condition of employment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: North Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11