OverviewCapilano University Admissions Facilitator Full Time in North Vancouver, BC
Branch North Vancouver BC CA
North Vancouver, BC
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and proof of education. This is complex admissions work in the Registrar’s Office….
This is complex admissions work in the Registrar’s Office. The incumbent is primarily responsible for assessing, verifying and processing student admissions within the policy, regulation and practice of the University. Duties include communicating with, and supporting students through the admissions process, liaising with faculty and staff, and updating admissions materials. This position takes direction from the Admissions Supervisor and reports to the Associate Registrar, Admissions and Advising.
– Assists students, staff and the general public in the admission process and provides detailed information on the admissions procedure.
– Assesses and verifies admissibility of students to the university and programs, using existing policy, practice, admission, program and prerequisite requirements.
– Reviews complex student cases to determine the outcome of applications.
– Refers exceptional cases to the supervisor.
– Refers students or potential students to resource areas in the University or community as required
– Analyzes and processes educational documents.
– Collaborates with students, staff and faculty to assess credentials and programs of study for a variety of purposes, including partnership and exchange programs, scholarships, and awards.
– Administers the University’s policies and procedures as relevant regarding admissions.
– Follows best practices in admissions and emerging trends that may impact admissions and recruitment and the means to overcome them.
– Ensure all processes and procedures are documented and updated.
– Updates admissions materials
– Holds group information sessions as well as one-to-one interviews on admissions processes.
– Maintains a wide variety of departmental records including the continual updating of student records.
– Updates and maintains admission materials.
– Uses third party and online systems and services to provide appropriate service, information and advice to students.
– Liaises with internal and external stakeholders regarding admissions activities.
– Liaising with faculty to provide two way information and solutions on emerging changes and challenges.
– Participates in the planning, design, testing and implementation of new systems or upgrades used by the Registrar’s Office.
– Recommends and introduces process and procedure improvements across internal team and other department functions.
– Sets service and outreach priorities as determined by collected data.
– May be required to take training and act in the capacity of a floor warden as part of the University’s Emergency Preparedness Plan (fire, earthquake, WHMIS). Performs duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Thorough knowledge of Banner or another automated student record system.
– Thorough knowledge of the University’s programs, courses and activities offered and of viable alternatives available for programs not offered by the University
– Thorough knowledge of the University’s policies and procedures governing admissions and registration.
– Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
– Considerable knowledge of the various criteria used in determining eligibility for admission and registration at other post-secondary institutions.
– Considerable knowledge of certificate, diploma, degree and graduate degree programs in British Columbia post-secondary educational institutions.
– Considerable knowledge of the British Columbia High School system and the role of high school counsellors.
– Considerable knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
– Considerable knowledge of freedom of information and protection of privacy provisions.
– Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of record-keeping and statistical reporting.
– Ability to learn in-house and other software applications, and to apply technical knowledge.
– Ability to develop and recommend business practices, policies and procedures.
– Ability to interpret and explain the applicable rules and regulations that govern Registrar’s Office activities.
– Ability to multitask, apply organization skills to meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of other employees, students and the general public.
– Ability to provide a high level of customer service, to handle user complaints and or suggestions, and to resolve conflicts.
– Ability to interview and assist students with admission procedures
– Ability to compose letters, memoranda and materials related to the subject matter and of a non-routine nature.
– Ability to effectively communicate accurate information on a one-to-one basis or to groups of a varying size and to address large or small groups in formal or informal settings.
– Ability to organize and conduct, workshops and campus tours as required.
– Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions, and communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing.
– Ability to be flexible and resourceful in the performance of job duties.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
– Ability to keep accurate records and archives.
– Ability to plan, organize and review the work of others engaged in similar tasks.
Required Qualifications & Experience
– Completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
– Two years of work experience in a Registrar’s Office or a student services-related function. Experience must include experience with post-secondary admissions and work with student information systems.
Required Licenses, Certificates & Registration
Will hours include evenings, weekends, or non-standard work weeks?
(When applicable only applies to Staff, Admin, & Exempt positions)
Internal or External Position
This is a Staff/Admin position
Appointment End Date (if temporary)
Days and Hours of Work
8:30 am – 4:00 pm M-F
Bridge Period (if applicable)
$4,204 to $4,731 per month, based on 35 hours a week.
Workload Amount (Number of Sections)
Application Types Accepted
Special Terms and Instructions
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and proof of education.
Capilano University is an equal opportunity employer.
Membership in MoveUp is a condition of employment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: North Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11