OverviewCansel Corporate Recruitment Specialist – 5 Month Contract Temporary in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Corporate Recruitment Specialist – 5 Month Contract
Liaise with hiring managers to craft effective and modern job-postings. Corporate Recruitment Specialist | Talent Acquisition | 5 Month Contract….
Corporate Recruitment Specialist | Talent Acquisition | 5 Month Contract
Do you have what it takes to be a full-time In-house Recruiter for Cansel and its subsidiaries, including Ernest Green & Son, BuildingPoint Canada, SolidCAD? We’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
- Perform full-cycle recruiting, including sourcing passive candidates, screening active candidates, researching, interviewing, converting, and on-boarding the best individuals for the position at hand, to the mutual benefit of both the individual and of the organization (specializing in Engineering, Sales, Customer Service, IT, Marketing Communications, Management, and Diversity Recruitment across Canada)
- Project-Manage recruitment activity company-wide: 18 locations nationally
- Maintain excellent performance metrics; retention, hiring volume, passive recruitment response rate, conversion rate for cold-calling passive candidates, Candidate and Hiring Manager feedback, etc.
- Act as a resource person by providing training on interviewing techniques, coordinating psychological testing tools, and providing support to Hiring Managers before, during, and after the interview process
- Manage a talent pipeline in our Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Communicating directly with Candidates, Hiring Managers, C-suite executives, and other internal decision-makers
- Provide direct advice on the development and implementation of hiring policies and best-practice, onboarding policies, and Health and Safety policies and best practice, and Human Resources law and best-practice
- Liaise with hiring managers to craft effective and modern job-postings
- While previous recruitment experience isn’t necessary, we would appreciate a cover letter detailing your motivation for applying and interest in recruitment
- Degree/Certificate in HR or similar discipline
- Familiarity with Behavioral Interviewing Tactics
- An understanding of what an ‘Employer Brand’ is and why it’s important
- Self-motivated and organized, with the ability to display diplomacy, integrity, and commitment
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and significant pressure while delivering highest-caliber internal and external client services
- Demonstrate impeccable command of written communication and pleasant and engaged phone manner
- Strong social media savvy
- Values helping to create a strong and enjoyable workplace culture
- Familiarity with CATS or similar ATS
- Bilingual French/English language skills
- Diversity/Unconscious Bias Training
Why choose Us?
We offer a competitive compensation package, flexible health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products.
Cansel contributes to building a better Canada by optimizing workflow from field to finish and providing integrated software, hardware, training, and professional services. We are a national distributor of survey, mapping and GIS instruments, General Line Construction accessories, Autodesk® Premier Solutions, Wide Format printing equipment, paper and supplies, as well as printing services. Our company has been an industry-leader for over fifty years and operates from 18 locations nationwide.
We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team – that’s where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with us, your way.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01