OverviewCanlan Ice Sports Facility Manager Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Canlan Ice Sports
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Ensures that facility priorities are aligned to and that full facility team supports:. 2-3 years experience in sports facility management, including strong…
INFLUENCING/INDIVIDUAL LEADERSHIP, DEVELOPING OTHERS/COACHING MANAGING RESOURCES AND CONFLICT
Maintains an effective management and support structure that reflects the facility’s requirements.
Recruits, selects, hires and trains Department Managers.
Ensures all staff adhere to:
Canlan’s policies, procedures and best practices.
Manage and develop staff within the facility (inclusive of ongoing learning and development initiatives and related follow up / follow through).
SALES ABILITY, PERSUASIVENESS AND FOLLOW-UP:
Sales & Revenue Development
- Take the lead in the development and execution of a fully integrated direct sales strategy for the facility, ensuring a proactive and aggressive approach to revenue development;
- Provide feedback to all key brand/business unit groups to ensure optimal development and delivery of programs and initiatives to drive customer and revenue growth opportunities;
- Work closely and collaboratively with Food & Beverage department (and Corporate Manager) to identify, develop new revenue opportunities, resulting from the acquisition of new customers and increasing share-of-wallet (SOW) with existing customer-base;
- Identify, develop and foster relationship opportunities within their market through contact, to create new customer revenue opportunities and maximize revenue from existing customers;
- Creation of the annual facility plan maximizing all opportunities for Adult Recreational Soccer, Ball Hockey, Volleyball and other related sports, the Community Program Initiative, internal and external tournaments, contract holders and special event initiatives; lead the ongoing analysis of the resulting impact on revenue maximization;
- Provide input into the quarterly review process to analyze the effectiveness of the sales plan;
- Monitors sales results and provides leadership / feedback as required.
BUSINESS GOALS, ONGOING PLANNING AND WORK MANAGEMENT:
Provide Strategy and Planning Leadership
- Ensures that facility priorities are aligned to and that full facility team supports:
- The Canlan Mission, Vision and Culture Statements.
- The Customer Service Charter.
- Corporate priorities.
- Ensures consistent delivery of Canlan’s products and services to established standards using standard operating procedures.
- Communicates goals, objectives and expectations to facility staff and monitors performance against them on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures facility assets are maintained according to manufactures specifications and / or Canlan standards to ensure life expectancy.
TEAM (EFFECTIVE WORK GROUP) DEVELOPMENT AND CUSTOMER FOCUS/RELATIONSHIP:
- Actively solicits & participates in ongoing communication with Corporate Directors and Managers other GMs, Departmental Managers and staff, as required.
- Ensures all Managers and staff are directly focused on exceeding customer service expectations.
- Provides customer relations/public relations.
PROVIDES MARKETING LEADERSHIP:
- Ensures development and implementation of facility marketing strategy and action plan.
- On an ongoing basis, identifies the current market social, demographic and corporate trends that may impact the facility’s ability to meet its objectives.
- Ensures all corporate marketing initiatives are implemented.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships within the facilities community and catchment area to maximize revenue.
DECISION MAKING AND RESULTS:
Manage Financial Accountability and Administrative Requirements:
- Ensures development, implementation, delivery and achievement of Annual Operating Plan.
- Manages payroll.
- Review and approves all purchase orders, invoices and payroll submissions prior to submission to corporate office for processing.
- Provides facility financial & business data and forecasts as required (i.e. weekly, bi-weekly and a 3-month rolling format).
- Ensures the Accounts Receivable process is managed.
- Manages month end reporting procedures by analyzing and interpreting all financial reports, develops corrective measures / actions as required.
STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIPS AND MANAGING CONFLICTS:
Manage Stakeholder Relationships:
- Ensures effective communication and working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Resolves conflicts between stakeholders, where required.
Provide Health and Safety Leadership:
- Ensures Health and Safety Standards are met by all staff.
- Ensures that an active Health & Safety committee exists in the facility.
- Ensures a safe working environment and a safe customer environment for the facility as detailed in the Risk Management checklist.
- Ensures the Facility Emergency Plan is in place, and all staff and tenants are trained.
ENERGY & ENVIROMENTAL MANAGEMENT:
- Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed in all projects.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
· Entrepreneurial sales & business development skills (in a sports / recreational environment).
· Strong customer / client focus.
· Demonstrated team leadership and development ability.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
· Diploma or Degree in Business, Recreation, Facility Management or a combination of experience and education.
· 2-3 years experience in sports facility management, including strong program and/or league marketing experience, food & beverage exposure and facility maintenance.
· Experience in the development of sports leagues such as soccer, volleyball or ball hockey preferred.
Type of Employment
Salary – Regular Full Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24