OverviewCancerCare Manitoba GD Lab Technologist Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
GD Lab Technologist
Must be an active registered member of the CSMLS (Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science) and the CMLTM (College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of…
Reporting to the Unit Manager, the Medical Lab Technologist will be required to carry out the duties of a General Duty Technologist and is responsible for peer/trainee functional instruction and carrying out all designated lab programs as required.
- Applicants must have completed a recognized Medical Laboratory Technology course.
- Must be an active registered member of the CSMLS (Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science) and the CMLTM (College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba) or eligible to obtain and must be an active member prior to start date.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a Hematology Lab.
- Satisfactory employment record
The following will be assessed through the pre-interview written questions and verbal interview:
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and reliably
- Commitment to continuing education and professional development
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork and cooperation, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English in both oral and written communication
- Demonstrated assessment and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, assess and educate
- Demonstrated flexibility/adaptability in meeting needs of the work unit
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement
- Previous work related experience with oncology patients and/or bone marrow preparation and bone marrow differential experience is an asset.
The Following Will Be Assessed During Testing:
- Hematological Component Identification (90% pass rate)
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or provide evidence of educational achievements.
CancerCare Manitoba is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environment. If you are contacted by CancerCare Manitoba regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Salary: As Per Collective Agreement
Please submit a detailed cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for this position along with a current resume which references the Competition Number:
Human Resources Services
675 McDermot Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3E OV9
E-mail: [email protected]
or Fax: (204) 786-0181
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10