OverviewCanadian Tire Sports Partnership Coordinator co-op (Calgary) Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Sports Partnership Coordinator co-op (Calgary)
Successfully manage projects. Working in sponsorships and marketing. Athletes, sport properties and marketing partners. Arranges meetings, prepares materials,….
*This co-op position is based out of our Calgary (AB) office.
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to Canadian Tire’s success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire.
The Partnership team manages over 70+ partnerships with Canada’s leading amateur and professional sports properties and the Power of Sport is our rallying cry that unites our employees, our customers, and Canadian communities. It is a team of dynamic and collaborative employees, who get to work with top professional and amateur athletes, sport properties and marketing partners.
What You’ll Do
A shared services role, the co-op student will support the Sport Partnerships team on a variety of initiatives including at sporting events, in-store activations and online. The role will report into a Manager, Sport Partnerships and will provide hands-on experience working in sponsorships and marketing.
The co-op is responsible for supporting and coordinating tasks related to the team function in order for the team to effectively plan, execute and deliver high quality services, products and/or work output to stakeholder.
· Support team members in helping centralized communication and information hub for team members and other contacts
· Provide campaign support as required (build workback plans, track asset usage, facilitate content development, track expenses, prepare briefs and wrap reports)
· Responsible for record keeping for their team including updating databases
· Arranges meetings, prepares materials, takes notes, etc
· Updates project plans, manages project request and tracks progress including budget, timelines and deliverable status
Who You Are
We are looking for talented individuals who:
· thrive solving problems and are able to balance and prioritize activities
· drive innovation with their ‘think outside of the box’ mindset
· take initiative and are able to successfully manage projects
· build relationships easily, and are collaborative team players with strong communication skills
What You’ve Done · Previous transferrable work experience and/or education
· Highly organized and detail-oriented in their work
· Ability to prioritize workload, while being sensitive to time constraints within a complex work
· Customer-service focused
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in both formal and informal settings
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart and Soldier On cannot be beat.
Launch your career at Canada’s most trusted and innovative retailer.
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
· Reference Checks · Criminal Background Checks
Apply online: campus.canadiantire.ca
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20