OverviewCanadian Tire Piloti – Business Development Coordinator Co-op Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Piloti – Business Development Coordinator Co-op
Are issued in a timely and accurate manner, and accounts receivable are. Results, and provide decisions on key inputs such as point of sales forecasts….
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to Canadian Tire’s success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire.
Our Merchandising team is responsible for connecting our quality products and services with our customers. The team uses planning frameworks and tools to provide recommendations that will ensure financial results, and provide decisions on key inputs such as point of sales forecasts.
Piloti means “drivers” in Italian. It’s what they call the fearless racers who have faced Europe’s toughest roads and tracks, and it’s the perfect name for a shoe designed to help them conquer fierce conditions, drive better, corner tighter, and get to the finish line first.
Founded in 1999 by a sport shoe designer and racing enthusiast, Piloti quickly became a fixture in the car and racing world, gearing some of the world’s highest-profile drivers. Car fanatics, and Hollywood celebs have all been big fans of Piloti shoes, and top racers including Ron Fellows and Johnny O’Connell swear by them, crediting the biomechanical technology and extreme comfort with preventing the foot pain that comes with endurance racing – and with extending their careers.
Under Canadian Tire’s ownership since 2014, Piloti is back and ready to take on the racing world once again. Piloti offers a unique entrepreneurial work environment within the Canadian Tire family of companies. We are a nimble, growing start-up, where all team members are integral to the success of the brand and play an active role in driving all facets of the business – from product development, design and manufacturing to logistics, marketing, PR and finance.
What You’ll Do
This role is accountable for supporting the Piloti team in all aspects of the day to day business, with the goal of re-establishing Piloti as a highly respected, credible driving shoe brand.
· Accountable for managing the coordination of Piloti social media sites (facebook, twitter, instagram); monitoring online brand content (blog postings, features etc.). Liaising with our PR team and Social Media team.
· Monitoring competitive and industry activity and events to help inform go-to-market strategy as well as tactical marketing/PR opportunities
· Event coordination to support marketing plans and initiatives – assist with planning and execution; sourcing, agency requirements, special requests, marketing materials, on-site support etc.
· Accountable for coordinating samples, products, as well as servicing media and cross functional requests related to marketing and product development
· Accountable for presenting a strong customer-service orientation to customers by replying to and tracking customer inquiries and maintaining customer database
· Accountable for working with finance team to ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner. Manage expense tracking. Ensure that POs and invoices are issued in a timely and accurate manner, and accounts receivable are tracked. Follow-up with customers on balances owing.
· Coordinating web-site and e-commerce day to day updates and agency partner/contractor requirements; maintain and streamline online process; manage any website upgrades/User acceptance testing
· Accountable for communication with
factories, agents and transportation group re: orders, order status and coordination as needed.
· Accountable to pull data, analyse and make recommendations to support business reviews, marketing plans and resource allocation
· Accountable for various administrative tasks –shipping, spreadsheet maintenance, managing vendor set-up and contracts/documents, inventory management/tracking, and other tasks as required
Who You Are
We are looking for talented individuals who:
· thrive solving problems and are able to balance and prioritize activities
· drive innovation with their ‘think outside of the box’ mindset
· take initiative and are able to successfully manage projects
· build relationships easily, and are collaborative team players with strong communication skills
What You’ve Done
Beyond a passion for motorsports and automotive design, we value creative thinking, active problem solving and a roll-up your sleeves attitude.
· A passion for motorsports and design
· Positive attitude – ready and willing to take anything on, big or small
· Ability to independently solve problems on the fly, and work in an unstructured environment
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to switch gears quickly and efficiently and manage varied tasks
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart and Soldier On cannot be beat.
Launch your career at Canada’s most trusted and innovative retailer.
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
· Reference Checks · Criminal Background Checks
Apply online: campus.canadiantire.ca
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21