OverviewCanadian Tire Environmental Coordinator Co-op Temporary in Brampton, ON
Branch Brampton ON CA
Environmental Coordinator Co-op
Ability to interpret environmental legislation. Solutions for minimizing operational environmental impacts….
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to Canadian Tire’s success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire.
Our Supply Chain and Merchandising teams are responsible for connecting our quality products and services with our customers. The Merchandising team uses planning frameworks and tools to provide recommendations that will ensure financial results, and provide decisions on key inputs such as point of sales forecasts. The Supply Chain team is constantly undertaking process improvement initiatives, fine tuning capacity models, employing technology solutions, building strong relationships with third party logistics and product suppliers to better manage one of the country’s deepest and most extensive supply chain networks.
What You’ll Do
This role supports the implementation and integration of environmental programs within Toronto Operations. This role will drive the reduction of environmental waste (energy, waste, water, etc.) in the Distribution Centers and establish innovative solutions for minimizing operational environmental impacts. These programs will drive down costs, increase resource recovery revenues and add to the overall sustainability of the organisation. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing the employee outreach program known as the People Power Challenge.
This role also supports the Central Procurement Office. The candidate will liaison with vendors and potential vendors for purchase orders and quote requests as well as developing of RFP’s as needed. The candidate will also help to manage the Maximo and CHEP Portfolio Plus systems.
· Manage the People Power Challenge employee outreach program
· Coordinate EHSMS activities to maintain ISO14001 declaration for each Toronto Operations facility
· Monitor waste reduction and resource recovery programs and implement new programs based on opportunities identified by internal and external sources
· Assist in conducting internal and external audits of the waste management system
· Develop effective communications to drive employee engagement in environment and sustainability initiatives
· Maintain and manage the Smart Commute Employee Carpooling Program
· Coordinate quarantine product classifications with damaged goods processing, hazardous waste disposal company and Occupational Health & Safety using MSDS
· Assist in maintaining environmental compliance to municipal, provincial and federal legislation
· Develop and execute employee recycling drives
· Collaborate with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders on project implementation and data validation
· Drive the change management process for implementation of new procedures within the distribution centres
· Contribute to RFP, RFQ, RFI initiatives
· Assist in managing and maintaining the Maximo system for purchase orders and invoicing
· Assist in managing and maintaining the CHEP Portfolio Plus system
· Support the asset management function within Distribution Facilities Canada wide
Who You Are
We are looking for talented individuals who:
· thrive solving problems and are able to balance and prioritize activities
· drive innovation with their ‘think outside of the box’ mindset
· take initiative and are able to successfully manage projects
· build relationships easily, and are collaborative team players with strong communication skills
What You’ve Done · Currently enrolled in a University or College level program in related environmental and/or business studies
· Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems/ISO 14001 and management system auditing process
· Knowledge and ability to interpret environmental legislation
· An understanding of ecological processes and the impacts of science and technology on the environment
· Energetic individual looking to promote sustainability throughout Canadian Tire Supply Chain
· Excellent user skills for the MS Office line of products
· Natural problem solver with excellent attention to detail
· Ability to access and work at multiple locations within the Brampton area
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart and Soldier On cannot be beat.
Launch your career at Canada’s most trusted and innovative retailer.
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
· Reference Checks · Criminal Background Checks
Apply online: campus.canadiantire.ca
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20