OverviewCanadian Tire: Corporate Solutions Architect (Toronto/Oakville) Full Time in Toronto, ON
Canadian Tire: Corporate
Branch Toronto ON CA
Solutions Architect (Toronto/Oakville)
Solutions Architect (Toronto/Oakville) – C04MPU. At Canadian Tire, Data Integration and Data Management are tightly integrated, and as such this provides the…
Solutions Architect (Toronto/Oakville) – C04MPU Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
Our team plays a critical role in theour evolution, specifically as we transition to an omni-retailer where digital complements the physical. Our commitment to being a world-class digital organization is evident in how we are using cutting-edge technologies to bring our digital strategy to life in-store, online and on your mobile devices, ultimately improving customer experiences, driving traffic, and boosting loyalty.
What you’ll do
As an Integration and Big Data Solutions Architect you are seen as a technology leader providing guidance and consultation to delivery and operational teams. At Canadian Tire, Data Integration and Data Management are tightly integrated, and as such this provides the solution architect the opportunity to apply their skills across these two domains seamlessly. You will participate on a high performance architecture team of your peers, where you will collaborate with best in class professionals.
Individually, you will also provide the context through which the architecture of systems are properly understood, defined and designed throughout a project’s lifecycle. You’ll recommend and drive solutions by participating in project definition and prioritization, determining solutions alternatives, creating conceptual designs and solutions that meet the business requirements and align with key strategies. Your key accountabilities include:
- Coordinate with other architects to develop roadmaps for Data Integration, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing capabilities of the organization
- Understand the business requirements, constraints and current situations to propose solutions to ensure roadmaps can adapt to changes in the environment
- Accountable for driving your solutions through our established Service Design processes.
- Work with delivery teams to ensure solutions align with roadmaps and the architecture proposed.
- Assist delivery teams by solving technical problems, and providing decision support to them as needed
- Design, develop and communicate architecture designs with primary focus on Integration, APIs, Services, Open Source Technologies, Apache Projects, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Analytics and Data Science tooling.
- Research, Pilot and POC the latest technologies as per our tactical and road mapping needs.
Who you are
We are looking for senior high performing individuals who are:
- Self motivated, agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- A senior driven technologist who knows how to put his experience to work.
- If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then Canadian Tire is definitely the place to be.
What you’ve done
University or College degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years IT experience
- 2 years in an Agile environment
- Prepared presentations/briefings and presented to the senior management/executive level
Preference will be given to individuals who possess multi-year experience and/or education within some or all of the following:
- Java, Scala, Go
- NoSQL (inc Hbase, MongoDB)
- Real time analytics
- JSON, XML
- MQ Series/JMS
- Linux including Shell Scripting
- Data warehousing (Kimball, Inmon)
- Data Vault 2.0
- BI Tools (Cognos, Tableau)
- ETL (Datastage)
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire Family of Companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience. Canadian Tire Corporation Ontario-Toronto Permanent Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-30