OverviewCanadian Tire Corporate Events Coordinator Co-op Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Corporate Events Coordinator Co-op
Prepare correspondence in PowerPoint, spreadsheet, report formats etc. Skills to arrange space reservations, local accommodations and restaurant reservations,…
Corporate Events Coordinator Co-op – Sept2015Co-op67 Putting the customer at the centre of everything we do is essential to providing a high-quality and consistent customer experience across our network of more than 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets. Through our cutting edge store design, digital marketing, e-commerce and the use of leading-edge customer analytics, award winning call centre and state of the art distribution centres, Canadian Tire is continually evolving so we are better able to respond to the changing expectations of consumers.
For our employees, this means working in a dynamic environment that champions and invests in innovation. At Canadian Tire, strong leadership and a talented team are our greatest assets. We are a successful and growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. Canadian Tire’s family of businesses gives employees the opportunity to explore career paths across our many brands. In our retail stores and gas outlets, and at our corporate head offices across the country, our employees are passionate and committed to helping us build our reputation as one of the best places to work in Canada.
The Corporate Events Coordinator will support the Manager, Corporate Events and the Event Team in all aspects of the planning and execution of major corporate events geared towards promoting employee loyalty, building relationships with business partners and contributing to a positive corporate image for Canadian Tire Corporation.
- Provides general administrative support for the events team including:
- Co-ordinate time, travel, meetings, materials and shipping in support of the team
- Arranging catering for internal meetings, space reservations, local accommodations
- Conducts research on venue, service vendors, giveaways and recommends most cost effective options
- Customizes intranet registration site, provides onsite registration; creates survey drafts, analyzes results and creates reports
- Provides onsite administrative support at venues including taking minutes at meetings, name badge creation; print and digital production of agendas, workbooks, presentation handouts, CDs, DVDs, binders; acts as client facing customer service representative etc
- Set up and maintain operations room onsite
- Assist with onsite setup and tear down of events
- Research, recommend and order promotional items for various events
- Prepare correspondence in PowerPoint, spreadsheet, report formats etc.
- Review and update extensive attendee lists for all events
- Assist in the development and scheduling of onsite events volunteers
- Skills to arrange space reservations, local accommodations and restaurant reservations, etc.
- Computer skills including word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Knowledge of Streampoint and CVENT an asset
- Interpersonal, customer service and skills
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to gather information, analyze information and report key insights with recommendations for solutions
- Strong work ethic – some evening and weekend work
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
Unposting Date : Jul 23, 2015, 10:59:00 PM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-13