OverviewCanadian Tire Corporate Events Coordinator, Co-op (8 months) Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Corporate Events Coordinator, Co-op (8 months)
The coordinator will support the Event Team in all aspects of the planning and execution of major corporate events geared towards promoting employee loyalty,…
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to Canadian Tire’s success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire.
The corporate affairs team is responsible for promoting employee loyalty, building relationships with business partners and contributing to a positive corporate image for Canadian Tire Corporation. The team manages and executes all external communication activities including media relations, planning, and corporate events across the entire Corporation’s family of businesses.
What You’ll Do
The coordinator will support the Event Team in all aspects of the planning and execution of major corporate events geared towards promoting employee loyalty, building relationships with business partners and contributing to a positive corporate image for Canadian Tire Corporation.
Provides general administrative support for the events team including:
· Co-ordinate time, travel, meetings, materials and shipping in support of the team
· Arranging catering for internal meetings, space reservations, local accommodations
· Conducts research on venue, service vendors, giveaways and recommends most cost effective options
· Customizes intranet registration site, provides onsite registration; creates survey drafts, analyzes results and creates reports
Provides onsite administrative support at venues including taking minutes at meetings, name badge creation; print and digital production of agendas, workbooks, presentation handouts, CDs, DVDs , binders; acts as client facing customer service representative etc
· Set up and maintain operations room onsite
· Assist with onsite setup and tear down of events
· Research, recommend and order promotional items for various events
· Prepare correspondence in powerpoint, spreadsheet, report formats etc.
· Review and update extensive attendee lists for all events
· Assist in the development and scheduling of onsite events volunteers
Who You Are
We are looking for talented individuals who:
· thrive solving problems and are able to balance and prioritize activities
· drive innovation with their ‘think outside of the box’ mindset
· take initiative and are able to successfully manage projects
· build relationships easily, and are collaborative team players with strong communication skills
What You’ve Done · Skills to arrange space reservations, local accommodations and restaurant reservations, etc.
· Computer skills including word, powerpoint, excel
· Knowledge of Streampoint and CVENT an asset
· Interpersonal, customer service and skills
· Writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Organization and time management skills
· Ability to gather information, analyze information and report key insights with recommendations for solutions
· Strong work ethic – some evening and weekend work
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart and Soldier On cannot be beat.
Launch your career at Canada’s most trusted and innovative retailer.
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
· Reference Checks · Criminal Background Checks
Apply online: campus.canadiantire.ca
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience. Canadian Tire Corporation Ontario-Toronto Temporary Work Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24