OverviewCanadian Red Cross Summer Intern Temporary in Stratford, ON
Canadian Red Cross
Branch Stratford ON CA
Promotes Health Equipment Loan program and process HELP loans. Domestic travel through-out the counties is required with valid Ontario Drivers License and…
Summer Intern, Disaster Management and Community Outreach
8 week term, June- August 2015
Stratford – Perth, Huron Counties
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Summer Intern . Reporting to the Coordinator, the DM/CO intern promotes awareness of Red Cross ideals through community presentations and performs administrative functions related to Branch Programs.
- Promotes volunteer recruitment strategy
- Raises awareness of Red Cross programs in Huron-Perth
- Coordinate a summer initiative with focus on promoting emergency preparedness and injury prevention to youth audiences attending local summer camps.This would include conducting outreach to identified youth groups and facilitating children’s emergency preparedness and bug out workshops.
- Coordinates and delivers displays, demonstrations at summer festivals, celebrations, fairs, day camps
- Coordinates and delivers the Stratford Youth Summer leadership camp
- Support general program administration including surveying volunteer teams, updating statistics and program data
- Update and develop the branch emergency response plan, and emergency response manual
- Promotes Health Equipment Loan program and process HELP loans
- Receives visitors and processes program inquiries (online, and by phone).
- Compiles attendance statistics and final report.
- Meets or exceeds defined outcome measures
- Perform other duties as required
Training provided will include program orientations, Introduction to Disaster Management, Standard First Aid & CPR/AED, WHMIS, Occupational Health & Safety awareness, Introduction to the Red Cross Movement
Education and Experience:
Completion of a high school diploma with some post secondary in any of the following preferred fields of study: Emergency Management, Health and Health Promotion, Communications, Event Management, Community/Social Services.
Candidate must have been a full time student during the previous academic year and intend to return to school full time next academic year, as well as being between the ages of 15 and 30 years ( per HRDSC)
Assets Outgoing, Collaborative, Able to influence others
Abilities and Skills
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office / Outlook / Excel / Powerpoint (demonstrated). This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check. This position requires a satisfactory vulnerable sector check
Domestic travel through-out the counties is required with valid Ontario Drivers License and personal vehicle. 30 hour work week, some weekends and non traditional hours. Incumbent is based at the Branch office with the majority of hours spent in the community
Interested parties may submit their resumes, quoting Competition Number S15-01 no later than 27 May 2015
The Canadian Red Cross Society
E-mail: [email protected]
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Stratford, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23