OverviewCanadian Pacific Project Engineer – Calgary Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Project Engineer – Calgary
University degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent; Provide direction and oversight to engineering consultants working on CP projects;…
As Project Engineer you will be expected to provide CP with effective project and construction management of internally and externally funded railway projects; including track, bridges, structures or other related facilities. Position will conduct feasibility studies, site reconnaissance, site surveying, project development and conceptual and detailed engineering design. Also, will be responsible to direct and coordinate site work activities associated with assigned projects ensuring completion within targeted budget and finish dates.
- Directly manage the execution of assigned projects and deliver projects within defined scope, on time and on budget;
- Oversee design and permitting of assigned projects;
- Provide direction and oversight to engineering consultants working on CP projects;
- Prepare cost estimates, memos, technical reports and external correspondence;
- Provide conceptual design alternatives for internal business case reviews;
- Co-ordinate work activities with internal and external departments and customers to ensure the safe, cost-effective and responsive execution of projects and programs;
- Provide construction management of assigned projects;
- Represent CP at meetings with Public Agencies where coordination/approval is required for project execution;
- Provide timely and responsive service to Business Development for 3rd party customer projects;
- Review 3rd party customer and/or external projects to ensure CP Standards are met and CP operations are not impacted;
- Provide safety leadership through efficiency testing and job site safety audits;
- Requires travel when necessary to visit project sites and manage on site work.
- University degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is desirable. EIT’s and C.E.T’s will be considered;
- 3 – 5 years of railway experience with progressive responsibility in physical plant and structure maintenance and construction, and project management. As an alternate, will consider applicant with equivalent heavy civil construction and project management experience;
- Construction management experience including site recon, surveying, scoping, construction supervision and contract administration;
- Familiar with Transport Canada regulations, Safety and Health regulations, Environmental guidelines, CROR, AREMA, CA public funding guidelines and requirements;
- Working knowledge of SAP, Windows 7, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, AutoCad (Civil 3D);
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24