OverviewCanadian Pacific Manager Signals & Communications Testing & Commissioning Full Time in London, ON
Branch London ON CA
Manager Signals & Communications Testing & Commissioning
All new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical….
The Test Manager is tasked with the overall responsibility for the test effort’s success to ensure any new or altered Signals & Communication (S&C) systems have been rigorously tested per CP standards and FRA regulations, and testing results are satisfactory before the S&C system is placed into service.
- Review the inspection results and/or perform construction inspection to ensure the Construction meets CP S&C standards;
- Review and provide comments/recommendations to Signal Design Office for all the deliverables to the Construction team, including Red book requirements, design and test plans to ensure they are functional and workable;
- Execute test process and any test plans, provides continuous improvement feedbacks to Signal Design Office;
- Review and approve all testing results and commissioning test plans;
- Ensure all defects raised to Signal Design Office or Construction team and resolved;
- Authorize the S&C system placed in service after all the testing activities are complete and the overall testing results are satisfactory;
- As the main point of contact working with Signal Design Office to define the cutover strategy and project phasing plans;
- Coordinate test activities within Construction Team, including project phasing plan, schedule, manpower requirement, test team management;
- Coordinate test activities with Signal Design Office, including project scope definition, project phasing plan, schedule, budget estimate;
- Coordinate with SCZ Supervisors and Block Planners to arrange the field testing plan and cutover plan;
- Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones, including field inspection and test, cutover and commissioning test;
- Arrange any hardware and software requirement for the test setup;
- In charge of any testing and commissioning activities and any cutovers;
- Track and monitor all testing activities, testing results, defects discovered and their status, etc.
- Escalate the issues to Signal Design Office for resolution;
- Ensure the overall coverage of the testing, and satisfactory of the final testing results;
- Ensure the final testing results meet all stakeholders requirements;
- Support and perform S&C maintenance testing, and document all testing results;
- Mentor and coach Test Supervisor and S&C maintainers;
- Ensure content and structure of all documents are maintained;
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes and Red Book requirements for testing as per CP standards;
- Keep track of the new requirements/changes initiated by the project and/or Signal Design Office;
- Ensure all the testing results are recorded and documented;
- Ensure any changes on Design or Test Plans are captured and approved, and the latest revision is always used;
- Ensure the RailDOCS are updated;
- Ensure all final completed documentations have been delivered to Signal Design Office, S&C maintenance, and others where required;
- Mentor and coach testing team members;
- Identify Training requirements and forward it to Construction Director;
- Oversee contractor’s resources assigned to quality assurance and testing on CP property.
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years of S&C construction experience;
- 5 years of S&C testing and commissioning experience;
- 5 years in a test lead role;
- Knowledge of design, construction, testing and commissioning for all S&C system;
- Excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in a wide variety of testing efforts, techniques and tools;
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with other stakeholders and other coworkers.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23