OverviewCanadian Pacific Analyst/Specialist, Financial Analysis Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Analyst/Specialist, Financial Analysis
Demonstrated knowledge of corporate finance, valuation, and capital budgeting concepts; Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics,…
The successful candidate will independently lead a capital funding portfolio through all stages of the capital budgeting process.
- Responsible for the initial planning and analysis, business case development, management of the capital governance process, and reporting on the financial performance of completed funded projects;
- Contribute to the development of a ‘IB’ quality investment analysis team at CP;
- Lead quarterly and annual capital reporting requirements;
- Lead the audit of completed capital investment projects;
- Proactively progress the development and execution of capital funding business cases;
- Efficiently progress capital funding requests through the capital governance process;
- Apply appropriate analytical frameworks for special capital projects.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant fields is required;
- Holder of a professional designation, enrolled in or willingness to enroll in a professional designation program (CFA, CPA) is preferred;
- 1 – 5 years of relevant work experience in a related role;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Results oriented;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Strong Excel financial modelling skills;
- A commitment to continuous learning;
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate finance, valuation, and capital budgeting concepts;
- Deep understanding of financial concepts such as Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Net Present Value (NPV);
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Passion for producing high quality work;
- The ability to be persuasive and to drive results.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23