OverviewCanadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington Dufferin Mental Health And Justice Court Support Coordinator Contract in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington Dufferin
Branch Kitchener-Waterloo ON CA
Mental Health And Justice Court Support Coordinator
Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with community resources and service providers, providing education regarding mental health issues and…
We are recruiting for a MENTAL HEALTH AND JUSTICE COURT SUPPORT COORDINATOR
The successful candidate will support individuals who are involved in Criminal or Bail Court and who deal with significant mental health issues by coordinating, advocating and facilitating connections in many areas of life in order to enhance quality of life, based upon a strong planning focus. The main role of the Coordinator will be to support the person to successfully carry out/create bail-release, diversion or non-diversion plans. The Coordinator will also provide consultation support to families, other natural supports, legal professionals, and community partners involved in the court proceedings.
The incumbent requires:
- Degree/diploma in a mental health, justice or human services field
- Three to five years’ experience working with individuals with mental health and addiction issues and providing individualized, community based support
- Crisis Intervention and planning skills
- Well-developed assessment skills
- Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with community resources and service providers, providing education regarding mental health issues and advocacy for the individual
- Extensive knowledge of the Mental Health System and Criminal Justice System and community resources in the Wellington/Dufferin Region
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate the needs of the service
- Excellent engagement skills and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, creativity and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and various database software
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter,
outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to Competition #2015-064 before 5:00 p.m. on July 19, 2015 .
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington Dufferin
147 Delhi Street, Guelph, ON N1E 4J3
e-mail: [email protected]
fax: (519) 821-9865
Information collected during this process will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We require that all finalist applicants, volunteers, students and board members, must undergo a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen through their local Police Services Branch prior to start date.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Kitchener, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-10